THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dooney & Burke Heaven

J has wanted a Dooney & Burke purse for a long time. Over a year, which is a long time in real time not just teen time.

Being a practical, living on a budget, mom of 6 (one of which is in college and we won't even talk about how much that costs) I have said no. Well, not no exactly. More like I won't buy it for you but you are welcome to save up for one. She has saved. Sadly there is always something to "need" ~ new jeans, a trip to the movies, etc. and her saving was never quite enough.

Today a surprise box came in the mail. When a box arrives at our door step everyone runs to see what it is. H is always sure it's just for her.

Today the surprise was for J. Nana sent her a Dooney & Burke. There were shrieks of delight when she had the box pried open and saw what was inside. Then she tried it on. Then she called 25 of her closest friends and shared the good news. She can go to school now with her head held high, she won't be the only DB-less girl on campus.

It was Christmas in August!

It's nice to get a thing that you have really, really wanted. And it's nice to have a thoughtful Nana that understands the heart of a young girl. Thanks Nana!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for J. I love unexpected surprises.

Unknown said...

Woohoo!!!! When I grow up I want to be a nana like that.

Cool bag.

Karen

Mall Worker said...

Unexpected surprises are the best! She has a very cool Nana!

Mel said...

Everybody needs a Nana like that! Yeah!

Melzie said...

*grin* Brings back memories of my Grammie doing such things for me. :)

Gabriela said...

How fun! What a cool nana!