THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, August 18, 2006

$6 for one Egg ?

Not last night but the night before (24 robbers came knocking at my door...remember that?) S and J went to a sleep-over. Some of the YW wanted a big get together before school started and planned one. They invited all the girls and some adults. I was excited to get an invitation and was looking forward to going until my baby-sitter told me he had to work late :( The girls had the best time . They stayed up until 5am, watched movies, ate junk, laughed and talked and played a game that was very creative and fun. They divided into teams and each team was given a dozen eggs. They then had to "sell" the eggs and who ever made the most money won. They hopped into cars and drove to family and friends around the ward and neighborhood in the middle of the night and sold their eggs! The winning team had near $50. They then took their winnings to Open-All-Night-Wal-mart and bought junk food! What fun.

Yesterday we had two very sleepy big girls around here :)

Last night was meet the teacher night for H. Her new teacher this year is Mrs. Miller. She seemed very nice. H was excited to greet some friends she hadn't seen all summer and brought her teacher a "teacher" pen she bought for her a few days before.

It's been hot. Today it's supposed to be 105. So was yesterday. Swimming is our saving grace.

DH and I have been considering trading in our van. I used to drive a Suburban, which I loved. It was a gas guzzler. And started to need a lot of repairs. So we traded for the Kia Sedona. Which is smaller but has leather seats (that I decided I could never live without in a car again) and a built in DVD (very nice) and better mileage and a great warranty. The problem is it doesn't fit everyone. With D off to college (I digress to count-down with great excitement the sleeps til she comes to visit: that would be ONE!) it has enough seat belts for all and since DH isn't usually in the car with us it works great. It seats 6 very comfortablely. It's 7 that's the problem. For short rides we're fine. For treks across the country, which we do kind of often, it doesn't work. Last time we flew one (S) to our destination. For D's wedding (if she ever gets engaged:) ) we could probably put a kid or two in Grandma's car since we'll be heading the same way but for everything else it's a real problem. So the dilemma~ keep the car we already have, that works fine, is new and we like well enough and travel a lot less OR buy something bigger which~ actually I will love because I loved my Suburban, costs more to drive and costs more because we don't have it yet..Although used it may end up the same out of pocket each month. What to do, what to do?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

...As I ran out, they ran in, and I forgot the rest of the lines.

I have a Kia Sedona and it works great, but I only have 3 kids, so with the 5 of us it works good. Even when I carpool kids and to practices it works fine because they are smaller so 3 of them fit in the back just fine. Good luck finding the right solution.

Amadeo said...

Hit me on the head with a rolling pin...

My vote is for Suburban.

but of course you already knew that.

utmommy said...

...asked me what I wanted this is what I said...

I vote Suburban. I loved mine, and want one too!

utmommy said...

...asked me what I wanted this is what I said...

I vote Suburban. I loved mine, and want one too!

Code Yellow Mom said...

I wonder fi the egg thing would work as a good work-from-home scheme? Ha ha

I'm a fan of the van...My experience with my aunt who lives nearby and has six kids (ages 23 to 3) is that once the kids are out to college, etc., the trips all in one car and VERY few and far between, even if you travel often now. So you might really only have one year or less of the tight squeeze...? (I forgot the ages of your next olders)

Lana said...

they're 15 and 13. so we have a good three years of family travel with the fam this size.

Lisa M. said...

We so did...the egg thing when I was in YW. Only, different spin.

One house we asked for an egg, next we sold it, next we got another, next we sold it.

We earned lots of mula, and spent it at Micky Dee's for Mac Tonight bigmacs!

Teresa said...

The suburban is probably your best bet. Although a mini-van is a good one too! I just submitted to the fact that I needed more room than my GMC Envoy XL would allow. It's really GREAT!