THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, August 04, 2006

100th Post


I can't believe I have made a 100 posts. I started out doing this for posterity. I keep meaning to journal and haven't been great at it but this is a fun and easy way to do it.

Then it became a great way to let family, far-flung around the country, keep up with our daily lives.

Then it became fun and relaxing, a hobby of sorts. And I've made virtual friends. So I guess it's good for everyone.

So for my 100th post here are 100 random thoughts. In no particular order.






  1. Tonight we had talapia and potatoes w/onions and green beans for dinner. The above picture is "cool S" cutting onions for the potatoes.
  2. One day I want to go to Senegal.
  3. DH does not.
  4. I love dessert, love to make it, love to eat it.
  5. My favorite pajamas are blue and white striped, pants and a button down shorts.
  6. I am hair-impaired.
  7. I love Star Trek.
  8. When I was little I wanted to be Mr. Spock.
  9. But I wanted to marry Capt. Kirk.
  10. My favorite captain is Jonathan Archer
  11. My upstairs bathroom is decorated in frogs.
  12. Tonight DH and his mini me caught a toad.
  13. It peed on the carpet. (sigh)
  14. I love digital photography.
  15. I hate going to the dentist.
  16. I almost always fall asleep when watching DVD's in the evening.
  17. I hate when school starts.
  18. If I was a better mother I'd homeschool.
  19. Christmas is my favorite holiday (even though it's cliche to say that).
  20. I also love the 4th of July.
  21. I'd love to be a mid-wife.
  22. I've never given birth at home.
  23. But I would have if it didn't cost so much, and if DH was braver about it.
  24. When I was a girl I wanted to grow up to be a nurse.
  25. I changed my mind when I had cancer and spent time in the hospital.
  26. I think it was post traumatic stress, and not really a change of heart.
  27. Instead I became a teacher.
  28. I don't always do the thing I think is best, or want the most. I'm much too sensible for that.
  29. I want to be a runner.
  30. I hate to run.
  31. Mostly I'd like to look like a runner. A runner/vegetarian.
  32. I love to go to the beach, and to have a pool, but I don't like to get my face wet.
  33. I love to read.
  34. When I was a girl my best friend and I walked to the library every week, and walked home with a stack of books.
  35. It was a long walk.
  36. It was worth it.
  37. Yes, I was a nerd.

  1. Today Great Grandpa Tom sent a box with some new books!
  2. We were all so excited.
  3. I can't wear watches, they always stop.
  4. I've studied languages I don't speak and instruments I don't play.
  5. That's the second time today I said that.
  6. I love to make breakfast.
  7. Black beans are my favorite bean.
  8. My sister Anna had the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to.
  9. I've never had a massage.
  10. But someday I plan to.
  11. When someone gets pregnant or has a new little nursling I get a little wistful, not really jealous because I don't want another baby, but there is something so sweet and endearing about babies.
  12. I never wanted a son.
  13. But now that I have one I love it. And I adore him!
  14. I am even excited for scouts.
  15. I love Josh Groban.
  16. If I were really rich I'd fly to one of his concert.
  17. And stay in a nice hotel.
  18. Next summer we're going to Disney World and I am SOOOO excited.
  19. I love the smell of clean laundry.
  20. I love new sheets, freshly laundered. Put on the bed, cool and wrinkle and crumb free.
  21. I used to be shy.
  22. Then I decided not to be.
  23. I still am private, but friendly I think.
  24. People tell me things.
  25. I guess I have one of those faces.
  26. I try really hard to keep their confidences.
  27. I miss D.
  28. I am happy for her.
  29. She's doing what I wanted to do.
  30. My biggest regret is not serving a mission in my youth.
  31. I missed out on "one of the greatest blessing of my life", because of my poor choices.
  32. I was excited when I learned how to properly use too, to and two. And than and then.
  33. I am a horrible speller.
  34. Spell checker has helped me become better.
  35. I like smart people.
  36. I like well-read people.
  37. I think our gospel doctrine teacher is a good story teller and I enjoy his lessons very much.
  38. I would die if I was asked to do that.
  39. I need to be a better scriptorian.
  40. I love The Amazing Race, and Survivor.
  41. I hate to be cold.
  42. I love when the kids cuddle up in bed with us.
  43. I love teenagers. It's the most fun parenting stage.
  44. I'm not kidding.
  45. My favorite calling was in Young Women.
  46. My least favorite was Enrichment Leader.
  47. I took roller skating lessons when I was a kid.
  48. I like my kids to take lessons.
  49. I love Bath & Body works.
  50. My favorite "flavors" are pink grapefruit, pomegranate martini and coco-cabana.
  51. I love trees.
  52. I am running out of random thoughts.
  53. I don't think Snape is a death eater.
  54. I think Harry might die in the last book.
  55. The St Louis Zoo is my favorite one.
  56. I am afraid to fly.
  57. I know this doesn't make sense, but I am still nervous.
  58. I don't always sleep well.
  59. Tums help, sometimes.
  60. I love college.
  61. I don't do math very well.
  62. I used to be smarter but something happened to my brain.
  63. I can't wait to serve a mission some day.

Happy 100th Post!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Wow, you're a blogging maniac! Way to go! The 100 thoughts were awesome. I can tell your one of those "do it all" types. I am so impressed. You are sad when the kids go back to school? You must be the coolest mom ever. Thanks for sharing!

Millie said...

How fun! I thought about doing this, but I couldn't really keep track of my actual 100th post because I deleted stuff, didn't post stuff, whatever... I should've just gone with it because I'm well past 100 now.

I agree with you about blogging. It's all those things and MORE. ;) I need to copy all my posts and make sure they're saved forever for our family journal.

Joyismygoal said...

I have read a few of your posts now, Tori told me about your blog and I enjoy it. I have another blog but I like the navigation and traffic on this one so I think I may join it. I am always amazed at all we have in common yet how different we are. Maybe there is someting to Birthdates. I agree w/ all your HP thoughts,Teens,trees, sheets,black beans,college,D, runner, reading, smart people,watching DVD's,frogs, photography, and dessert!

Gabriela said...

Congratulations! 100 posts-that's great. Fun post. I think we would be friends in real life. :)

Awesome Mom said...

Harry so is not going to die!!! Stop saying that *glares*

I am a treckie too and I am a huge book worm. I spent most of my summers when school was out reading.

Blackeyedsue said...

Congratulations on your 100th! That is fantastic!

I am a trekkie too, and I also think Harry is going to die.

Nettie said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I loved your random thoughts and learned a lot about you. I have to agree about Jonathon Archer, much better choice than Captain Kirk.

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Congrats! I'm over 100 but I haven't been able to get a sane thought together. I may "lift" a few of your ideas. I'm enjoying my "almost" teens, too. Whod'a thunk?