THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yesterdays post really

Rush, Rush, Rush is sometimes the theme of things around here.

Nana and Abba had a quick visit, the time flew by. We had a lot of fun.

We are very grateful for grandparents around here. This last year my parents have been living in TX with us, well not with us, but down the road a bit. It's been the first time the littles have had grandparents around on a regular basis and it's blessed our lives a lot. We enjoy seeing them often and to have them available for every day stuff like watching soccer games, FHE, trips to the mall, taking walks, meeing us somewhere to feed the ducks or whatever. They also baby-sit on occasion which is great for the kids! (and great for me:) ) Next year they'll be leaving to serve a mission (very exciting) so we are enjoying them while they are here.

My in-laws are awesome grandparents. When DH and I met and married I had three little girls and they accepted them with open arms. Now that I know them better I know that family is very important to them and we, the girls and I, were now their family. We've been married 8 years and have added three more little ones to the family and they love them all the same and treat them all the same. I know they shake their heads and think we're a little nuts sometimes, with the "lots of kids" thing, and the "Mormon" thing, and I am sure "other things" as well. :)

Anyway, despite little differences we get along well and look forward to visits with each other. They are good about coming down several times a year for birthdays or dance recitals or new babies or whatever and they always spoil us. We go out to dinner and often shopping. We appreciate these nice things, but more than that we appreciate the nice people and the wonderful time we get to spend together. We try and get up to Ohio sometimes too, DH has two living grandparents who are there and we like to see them when we can as well.

Yesterday was a busy day. Seminary started. It's early. S said it went well so I was glad. H started riding the bus in the morning and that went well. I think we're going to survive the first two hours of the day after all. I am counting down the days until S has a drivers license. It will be SO nice.
J had an appointment at the orthodontist. I had an appointment with my doctor. My leg has been having a weird mystery pain and I have a bump on it that hasn't gone away in a few weeks so when I called we decided that I should have it looked at, Wednesday I am having an ultrasound. It's probably nothing but once you've had cancer every headache is now not just a headache but a potential brain tumor (joke.)
We went to Wal-mart.
Kriste came over and we worked on dinner groups. This is very fun. Last year DH was commenting on the lack of quality dates we went on and that we didn't socialize with friends enough. (in my defense at the time we had a nursing baby and that always curtails social plans somewhat). So my good friend, who moved recently, and who I miss SO much, Sheila and I decided to start up dinner groups. They had done it in the ward years before and people enjoyed it so we thought it would go well. We sent out a flyer calling it "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?" and spelled out the program. Once a month everyone gets together in small groups for dinner and an evening out. Once during the 5 or so months that we do it each couple hosts. The other months you are a guest. If you are hosting you know how many people are coming but not who is coming. If you are a guest you get told where to go but that's all you know. The coordination took some time, and we had a few complaints, but mostly it was a positive thing. Now I am the ward activities person (and the 14-15 year old Sunday School teacher) and the Bishopric suggested that this would be a fun thing to do again, although still not a ward activity. I didn't want to do it alone, it would take too much time and too much brain power, so Kriste graciously agreed to coordinate with me. Last year I really wanted everyone to eat with everyone else and always have a different mix of people. That turned out to be way too hard. People cancelled or other things happened. We ended up just trying to get a good random mix. That's the goal again this year. Our first dinner is Saturday. I am looking forward to it.
We also had FHE at mom's house and I had to get ready for preschool. It was a full day!

1 comment:

utmommy said...

Busy times over there, wish I was with you :(