THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

All her bags are packed, she's ready to go....

D was home for the weekend. It was so great to have her. We swam and shopped and watched movies and talked. The days flew by. She saw some friends, played with the younger sibs, went to church and hugged people who haven't seen her in months. Tonight we drove her to the airport after a visit that went far to quickly and she's back to her life. Her new house with her best friends, and a few new roommates that she'll soon meet, classes starting tomorrow and her man.

She's all grown up now. She has interests that she didn't have as a young teen at home. She and Greg are hikers and they fish. Who would have thought?, next thing I know she'll be telling me she shot a deer or something:) She likes to cross stitch and to cook. She's a great photographer and I hear she's keeping her room clean!

It's wonderful and sad all at the same time, having a young adult in the family.

4 comments:

utmommy said...

We love D! She is so wonderful!

talitha said...

Oh, that one pulled at my heartstrings. She is a beautiful young lady, you obviously did a good job raising her!

The Amazing Trips said...

You're getting to enjoy the next season of being a parent ... your children's "adulthood." I have nieces and nephews who are moving "in to the world" and I keep remembering them, and always will ... as little kids. I'm convinced there is no greater gauge for just how fast time is moving - until you have children of your own.

She is so beautiful - and that picture is absolutely fantastic.

Vety said...

Sounds like you raised a wonderful person! Congratulations and awesome pic! Mine are only 1 year old and yet you moved me with your post that before them, I would have never understood.