THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

flippin' for you baby

E loves to do flips, G loves to copy him. Here they are having a lot of flipping fun!

Went to the doctor today. We changed PCP and I like our new guy a lot. A) his office is really close to our house! and B) he was a nice guy. Our pediatrician moved and we've been hunting for new one. I think I'm going to switch everyone to Dr. Godfrey. Anyway, he looked at my CT scan results and is sending me to a orthopedic surgeon, not that he thinks I will necessarily need surgery but he doesn't want to say walk on it, or leave it in the boot, or no we need to cast it, or whatever without another consultation, which I am fine with.
I don't know why but things always sound worse in medical jargon. Apparently I have "an acute nondisplaced fracture of the medial aspect of the talus with a likely associated ligamentous injury. " Doesn't that sound worse than a fractured ankle?

Meanwhile the good news is it feels better. I still can't put any weight on it but I am getting better at the crutches, it still has a dull ache but not too bad.

We have had a lot of really nice helpers. The girls are getting rides where they need and E has been invited to play at friends and last night we had a delish dinner brought in by Julianna. Mom and Dad have been coming over to help. I'm going to get used to this life of leisure! (ha)

On a more serious note: Although I don't love to be served, I prefer to serve; I am grateful for the help and the love these sweet women bring. I know the joy I feel when I serve others and I know the joy of being served. What a blessing this is.

“Who can measure the joy that has come into the lives of … women as they have mingled together? …
“Who … can fathom the uncountable acts of charity that have been performed, the food that has been put on barren tables, the faith that has been nurtured in desperate hours of illness, the wounds that have been bound up, the pains that have been ameliorated by loving hands and quiet and reassuring words, the comfort that has been extended in times of death and consequent loneliness?
“Lucy Mack Smith, mother of the Prophet, in speaking to the sisters in Nauvoo, said, ‘We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together.’ … Women of the Church have not had to wait to sit together in heaven to taste the sweet fruit of the kind of activities she described. They have experienced much of heaven on earth as in life they have cherished one another, comforted one another, and instructed one another” President Gordon B Hinckley in this months visiting teaching message.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they looks so cute!

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. We all need a little help now and again, and this is just your time.

Sending more quick healing vibes to you.

nikko said...

We love to help you. :o) I remember when I broke my tailbone, how hard it was to let people help me, but at the same time how nice it felt to know that people cared about me.

Hope it feels better soon. I'll see you in the morning to get E for preschool.

Mel said...

It's true that it really is easier to serve than to be served. If that wasn't true I'd gamble that there might be something wrong with ones self. Kick back and relax... if thats possible. Get better soon.

utmommy said...

I've been on the receiving end of help lately too. Which has been so nice, very humbling.

I wish I were there to help too :)

Millie said...

I love the quote by President Hinckley. It really is more fun to serve than be served, but sometimes we have to be on the receiving end for others to have the fun. :) Glad your ankle doesn't hurt more than a dull ache - heal soon!