THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's fractured

this morning I woke up and my foot was swollen all over, and black and blue. I stayed home from church, I don't know who taught for me. I called people last night to give a heads up, hoping that I would make it.

My mom came over during church and said I had to go to get an x-ray. I didn't think it was broken but finally said I would. She stayed with the kids and S drove me. She only has her permit and couldn't park in the small ER parking spaces so we had to park across the street in a garage. I sent her to get a wheelchair, I didn't think I could hop that far. She came back in a police car and we got a ride across the street. I had never been in the back of a police car before. I hope not to be again. It was actually a little embarrassing. We were at the hospital for about 6 hours. I had an x-ray which was inconclusive then a CT scan which showed a fracture on the tarsus. I had an old break as well that had healed but left a fragment. I didn't know I broke it before. Because of this the doctor is worried about how this will heal and if it's not doing well in a couple weeks I need to see an orthopedic surgeon. Too bad for us our favorite surgeon moved to Ohio a few weeks ago( and we miss them horribly.) S and I laughed a lot so that was fun. We played the connect the dots and make boxes game and tic-tack-toe and name that tune and any other game we could think of. S said she thought the nurses and doctors thought we were weird because whenever they came in we were cracking up.

So I will wear a boot for 4 weeks and have to keep off my feet (ROFLOL) and I have crutches. This is going to be fun.
Hopefully in a day or two I will be able to walk in the boot and can get back to pretty much "normal".

update: I just talked with my brother and my favorite doctor and have been advised to see an orthopedist sooner. Specifically Alec said it should be a none weight baring injury and I should be in a short cast for a month. I guess I'll call my doctor in a day or two and get a referral.

14 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

Fractured? Sorry :( that's got to hurt.
Well, did the police car had its sirens on?
What color are you picking for the cast?
I have never broken a bone in my life, it sounds like it would hurt, when I saw your picture from last night that's what came to mind: broke.

Hope you feel better and that it doesn't take too long to get it taken care of (which is actually adding insult to injury).

Joyismygoal said...

I'm glad you two had fun but ouch,I am so sorry I Will call in the AM

Joyismygoal said...

Oh you might try stopping by my neighbors new blog i hope she gives gardening advice she is very talented.http://lovemycottagegarden.blogspot.com/

Mel said...

Oh, I am so sorry! I've never broken a bone before. I hope it doesn't take too long to heal.

nikko said...

Ack! I am so sorry. I just tried calling. Let me know if I can help out. I'd be more than willing to take the littles for a while for you... or make you dinner. :o)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets better soon.

Nettie said...

No Fun! I sure hope your DH is getting home soon. And that you manage to heal quickly. That would be embarrassing to ride in the back of a police car!

talitha said...

Oh, you have my deepest sympathies! It's no fun when the mom is hurt. I wish you a quick recovery. Make someone bring in a meal, LOL.

Unknown said...

Ohhh no! I hope the referral goes well. There's nothing worse than being out of commission!!

Holger Danske said...

Sorry to hear that, at least it is not your kicking or driving leg.

Joyismygoal said...

Lana, I enjoyed our short visit today, i hope you heal soon. Shauna has been posting on her blog now http://shauna6pack.livejournal.com/
and Kim posted some gardening advise

utmommy said...

Poor sister! Now you and mom are boot twins, you'll have to take a picture for me!

Teresa said...

OUCH is right!

Take care and take a load off!

Blackeyedsue said...

I am glad you are getting it taken care of. I hope they gave you some good pain killers.