THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Homemade pizza

My good friend, Nikko, brought us home made pizza tonight. It was, of course, so yummy. I was surprised how filling it was. I think we have enough left for lunch or breakfast, the kids love pizza for breakfast. It is really nice to see how many people want to help us and we really appreciate them.
It's kind of funny how we met. Every now and then DH will ask to invite someone from work over for dinner or an evening or whatever. Several years ago he told me a new guy had moved here from Michigan and he really liked him and wanted to have them over. So we did. We had a fun night and I thought they were a nice couple, cute little boys but really didn't think anything more of it because when was I going to see them again?
Not too many months later it turned out they were buying a house in our ward. Now I would see them more and I was happy they were moving our direction.
Then about a year after that we bought a new house with enough land to satisfy DH's gardening urge and our desire for a backyard pool. It happened to be about 3 houses down the street from Nikko and her family.
Now we see each other all the time and are good friends. Our boys play, we swim together and I count her as one of my favorite people.
Funny how life works. Who would have thought that a casual invitation four years ago would grow into a friendship close enough to borrow eggs on the Sabbath, or to baby-sit in the middle of the night, or whatever!

We're still pretty much staying home. I can drive, it's chasing Lucy that's the problem so to avoid losing her I stay put. Today Dad came over and we ran some errands together. He also did some chores that I have trouble with. Some things I can do one-legged. Others are more of a challenge.
Last night we had FHE with the Cooks and my parents. It was very fun. My little E loves their big E and the girls play nicely too.

This coming up weekend is conference. I always look forward to that. It's such a treat to be able to listen to the words of a living Prophet and to know his council for us. I'm still reading Fire of the Covenant and I have been thinking a lot about those hand cart pioneers and all they went through. I have to admit I even skipped to the end to see if some of my favorites made it. I never do that but I couldn't stand to keep reading not knowing. I wonder what they would have thought if they could glimpse into the future and see the plenty that we live with. What would they have thought about seeing the Prophet and other apostles speaking to us from 1000's of miles away through satellite and even in our own homes if we want? We are very blessed, and I wonder if we even give it a second thought?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks so good! I want a slice.

I can't wait for conference either.

nikko said...

I thought the same thing when we first met... "Well, they're a nice family, but when are we ever going to see them again?" How funny!

Glad you liked the pizza. We're eating ours tonight. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh I give it lots of thought... it's a privilage & a blessing that is threatened all the time, and needs to be safe guarded.

Homemade pizza is our favorite! Well, as long as Athena doesn't have to make the crust, that is! lol!