THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

where to shop tip


This works for me Wednesday is kind of a "duh" one but it does work for me. Christmas is coming, in a few short months, and I am one of those weirdos that starts shopping and hiding gifts early. In fact I have already bought two. Part of the problem with this method is remembering where I have hidden things. Sadly that is not what this tip is about. This tip is stocking related.
We try not to go crazy at Christmas and to make it not a commercial blitz. We do a lot of different things to remember our Savior at that sacred time of year. We also enjoy Santa, and Christmas lights and all the holiday fun. Stockings at our house are from Santa. They are fun and filled with chocolates and small gifts. Usually by the time I get around to being the big guys shopping elf our funds are depleted. The dollar store, while and obvious choice for small trinkets, frankly sells a bunch of junk that falls apart quite quickly.

now for the tip: Shop at Target. They have their dollar spot in the front of the store and they have great stuff. It's often in themes even, which is ideal for stocking filling fun. Right now they have a pink diva theme going on~ nice lotions, nail stuff, girly stuff. A dance theme, a harvest theme, a Curious George theme. I grab some fun doo dads when we are there and save them in my secret hiding spot. Then when it's time to fill the stockings, or for a nice gift for my visiting teaching sisters or a last minute gift one of the kids needs I have an assortment of things, a bit nicer than the dollar store, that cost me $1.

18 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

To remember where you hid things, Hide them then write it on your personal calendar. It works for me!

Joyismygoal said...

that was supposed to be write it on the December page of your personal calendar.:)

Jennifer said...

This is a great idea! I often see things in the Dollar Spot that are cute but don't really have a need for it right then. What a great idea to use that for stocking stuffers!

Mama Duck said...

LOL Lil Duck loves stuff from the dollar spot!! Happy Wednesday - our tip is up as well!

Someone Beautiful said...

What a great idea, and thank you for the reminder! I once got beautiful metallic stickers there & no one would have guessed.

Beck said...

Good idea! There are no Targets in my neck of the woods, but I can apply this tip to other department stores, I'm sure. I can just hide all of my stocking things in my husband's cupboard, but another mom I know hides them in the trunk of her car.

Stephanie said...

The Eyeball Store (my son's name for Target) is just about my favorite store EVAH! I'm all about the dollar spot, too!

Mom2fur said...

Keep your eyes open--when Target changes over the stock in its dollar spot...things go down to about a quarter each! I just bought some cute desk supplies for work this way. They have things that appeal to all ages!

Shalee said...

I do this too, and I love moms2fur little hint in addition! Where do they store the stuff for stock change over?

And the dollar stuff is really cool stuff for the most part!

nikko said...

I do the same thing! Michaels and JoAnn's also have $1 bins from time to time. And I've been able to snag stuff when it gets marked down, at Target,too. (We bought a bunch of kites this summer marked to 50 cents. Who can resist that?)

Mall Worker said...

I just loved target. Its one of the places I miss the most since moving to Canada!

Ms. Kathleen said...

My, we are somewhat on the same place - Christmas and I right where I hid them in my little Christmas book. I love little stocking stuffers as well. Happy Holidays!

utmommy said...

I have such a smart sister!

Gina Conroy said...

I start shopping early as well, but I usually end up buying TOO much. I also shop at the dollar tree and the kids buy gifts for each other there.

My WFMWis about saving time and money.

Code Yellow Mom said...

It's amazing how many dilemmas "shop at Target" solves, isn't it? Love this idea...

Anonymous said...

Great idea, thanks. Now I have to find a good hiding place.

Mimo- JenK said...

Yeah, thanks for your tip! I've never thought about that, but my kids, especially my girls, would love so much of what Target sells in those dollar areas. The last thing I bought from there were some Napoleon Dynamite pens/notepads/sweat bands, lol!

Lammy said...

Awesome! Great idea.
definaly gonna use that one.