THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Weekend in review

Sunday night is here and happily we still have a holiday tomorrow. We don't have big plans but are looking forward to sleeping in a little and having a day off.

Last night we had our first dinner group. We went to the Blacks along with two other couples. The food was really good and the company was a lot of fun. Today I talked to several other people who went to different groups and it sounded like everyone enjoyed themselves. It was interesting to me at dinner someone asked Tori how she made the pork roast and while she was telling they commented that it was too complicated. I am often surprised when I bump into people through random conversations who don't enjoy cooking. I like to cook, I don't do anything fancy but I feel like I am not a bad cook, I can read a recipe and don't mind putting some time and effort into it. As an additional note I have had things this particular friend has made before and they have always been tasty so even though she perceives herself as not "a cook" she actually does cook and it's fine. With a large family I guess you have to cook even if you don't enjoy it.

We got a new Bishopric member today. It was exciting news for the ward. He's an awesome guy and will be a real asset.

I taught my Sunday School class for the first time. My lesson wasn't as wonderful as I would have liked but the kids were great and I am looking forward to preparing a nice lesson this week and going back next week.

Tonight H got invited to spend the night with her friend Emmaline.

Tonight we baked a cake and wanted to take it to share with a friend. We made one stop but they were busy. Then we had to discuss and decide where to go next. We settled on a family in the ward that has older children. Their daughter is the same age as D and just left for Utah a few weeks ago. They also have two teenage sons. Although we enjoy their company we don't normally socialize with them. It seems like we socialize most with people who's kids match up well with ours. They were surprised but happy to see us and we had a very fun visit. We've been trying to improve our Sabbath observance. DH, in particular, has been concerned about the quality of the time we spend after church. We don't do a lot of things that would be considered recreational or commercial in nature but we also don't fill our day with all uplifting, wonderful, family activities. Visiting seems to be in the category of things we should do more. So, cake in hand, we set off.

My parents are in CA this weekend for my Aunt's 81st birthday celebration. Anna and Amadeo also went. I would have liked to go, but it's so far. I need to remember to send her something, a card at least. (note to self). We are doggie sitting Fuzzbutt while they are gone. J likes him a lot. He's cute but pees in the house so we don't find that too endearing a trait. Hopefully he'll be trained by the time they leave on their mission!

1 comment:

utmommy said...

Sounds fun and busy!