THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine

I stayed up too late last night. I've been wanting to watch "You've Got Mail" for a few days, I don't know why. Last night DH had to work late and so when the kiddos got settled in bed I crawled up the stairs and searched through our videos for our copy of it.

I was not disappointed, it is a really cute movie. I love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan together. Maybe my favorite is Joe vs The Volcano, which is so silly it's funny. Tom Hanks is one of my favorites. He is funny and seems nice and he kind of looks like DH. Of course TH never gets mad at me for forgetting to take out the trash or gets upset about the kids being unruly, which is the great thing about not being in real life, it's so easy to imagine only the best. And chick flicks are really romantic, that's the point right? So of course he says and does everything just right.

So DH got home late and warmed up some pizza and we watched the end of the movie together. One thing I like about him, DH not TH, is that he likes chick flicks too. By then it was 11:30. Too late for someone who has to get up at 5:40 :( In the middle of the night, well close to 3am I woke up and went to the bathroom and fell on my bum. It hurt. Poor DH got woken up with the all the noise. Pretty much I was done sleeping at that point, I lay in bed for awhile until my alarm went off. Then went to seminary. So today I am tried, and my foot hurts and my head hurts. It's going to be a great day!
On the up side I have a plan. After lunch Lucy will nap and I will "let" brother play x-box, something he is usually banned from. That will buy me an hour to nap.



Our ward has a lot of ward activities I think. I have had the calling of ward activities chair person for 6 months. The week after I was called we had an activity. It was our conference pot luck, which isn't hard to put together just set up and clean up and listening to people complain masked as helpful suggestions about the food, or the lack of table cloths or whatever.

Then in June we had our swim party, which was SO fun and very little work. Then in July we had our annual pancake breakfast and bike parade, which I was gone for so all I had to do is make assingments. Last week we had our ice cream social. Of course I broke my ankle and so could only delegate but I think it went well. This weekend is the potluck, delegating again...The ankle thing still. In October we have trunk or treat and in December we have our Christmas party, for which I have not even begun to plan. And last night Justin called and said the Bishop would like a dinner in November as well.

I used to be all for lots of activities, now that I am in charge I love them less. This is not my all time favorite calling. And I am still trying to get a committee together. The problem is everyone who is willing to serve is serving already so then someone has to double up on callings or you call someone who is less willing and therefore less helpful so what's the point?

I have had a calling that I liked less. That was homemaking leader. I didn't love that at all, in fact in the middle of my three years of being the HL I had to move and purposly moved out of my ward so I could be released. Much to my chagrin one week after moving into my new ward I got a calling and guess what it was! Homemaking. Talk about trying to run from Nineveh!

And to add insult to injury when I was released from YW, a calling I loved for 7 years, the only thing I was glad about was that now I wouldn't be in charge of the fall carnival for mutual. Then Sunday Caroline asked me to help her with it. I said yes. I guess I'll be busy.

At least I also get to teach SS, which I love. Our manual is a hard one for me. We're doing the Old Testament. In January we move on to the New Testament and I am SO excited. In the meantime I love the kids and I prepare and hope it's not to painful for them.

Last random complaint of the day. I hate middle school, not hate really but it is my least favorite parenting age. Each of the girls have had unhappiness issues in middle school. J had a bad morning. She opened some new sewing scissors (I'll pause a moment so you can get over laughing at the fact that I, who do not sew, have new sewing scissors) and left them on the side of the tub last night so this morning I had to talk to her about a) taking the scissors in the first place and b) leaving them out where Lucy could get them. Then we had another issue arise that had to be addressed, then she and S had a clothes related fight and she had to take off the pants she was wearing. Then I didn't really get to settle things before she left for school. I talked to her for a minute and told her I loved her but she was still mad/sad/upset before school and wasn't ready for a ride when I left to take S and was gone on the bus when I got back. So now I get to spend the day worrying about her. I like to send them off on a good note but it's not always possible.

Okay so I'm off to try and make it a good day.

8 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

YGM is one of my all time favorite movies I am sorry you are having a bad day I,ve had afew of those lately,ughh just hug them when they get home and say something like lets try not to do that again :(:)At least we have a fresh start every day i would help w/ any activity I can sorry about not scooping. My sister is doing a caandy land game board set up for the gym for her Halloween activity and giving each organization $15.oo to get set up sounds cute

nikko said...

((hugs)) Hopefully you get that nap that you needed. Your story reminded me of a night after I broke my tailbone and in the middle of the night sat on the *ahem* commode and then couldn't get back up. I had to yell and wake DH up to help me. LOL! It's funny now, but it sure wasn't then!

The ice cream social turned out nice... You did a good job of delegating. I'll trade you callings! (Joking, of course... I'm loving mine so far, but it's a lot of busywork it seems).

talitha said...

I liked YGM...I wanted Meg Ryan's apartment SO very much.

You really DO have a lot of ward activities! But there must be a desire for them, right? My guess is that people who are already planning to attend won't mind helping out.

And I so completely understand about the middle school thing. It is my personal belief that middle school years are THE hardest.
Hang in there!

Super Happy Girl said...

Middle schoolers have a pretty tough life. Just ask mine, she goes from total bliss to utter desolation in seconds...it usually happens whenever it has to do with the word 'chores'.
I also like to send them off to school happy, but like you said, it's just nor possible sometimes.
Makes me feel bad too :( and I worry, just like our mother did.

Home making (Enrichment Night) is one of my least favorite meetings, let alone being the fearless leader. They better make me the leader, because I promise you I’ll move.

Sounds like you have tons of fun activities happenning in your ward, delegating is always the key to not going crazy.

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love You've Got mail. One of my all time favorites.

Your calling is one I hope I never had. I hate being the hostess and I can't imagine doing it at the ward level. Yikes. But, it sounds like you guys have a lot of fun activities.

Middle school? No experience there yet, I've got little kids and little problems. Hope she came home happy.

And, I hope you got your nap.

Awesome Mom said...

I think that Joe vs. The volcano is my all time favorite TH and MR movie. Although I realte to the MR charagter in YGM because like her I enjoy reading Pride and Prejudice over and over again.

You are lucky that DH will watch chick flicks with you. Mine won't and it is ultra frustrating sometimes to be mocked when I do indulge.

Wow does your ward have a lot of activities! We only have them a lot less frequently. Our director is insane however and goes all out for each one so they are fun and very well decorated.

Lisa M. said...

I really really really hate middle school too. It is the HARDEST time, we have ever had, both for my boys and my girls.

It was for myself and my sister as well.

UGG. I don't envy you there.

Don't we wish we could choose our own callings?

Nettie said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time! Hopefully, you got that nap and your bum and ankle are feeling better. I guess the ankle will take more time.

You've Got Mail is one of my favorite all time movies. I love the seen where Tom Hanks comes to visit when she has a cold. Have you seen the old movie that it was based on? I think it is called "The Shop Around the Corner". It's cute, too. But I like the newer one best!

Our ward made the goal of having a ward activity every month. Then they assigned each of the ward auxillary presidencies to be in charge of one (High Priests, Elders, YM, YW, RS and Primary). We still have an activities committee, but they only have to do six activities/yr!