THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mall Fun

The kids need socks. It's that dreaded time of year when tennis shoes are required for PE and the weather is getting a bit colder and little toes get chilly (I realize that to most of the country the high 70's and the 80's don't seem cold but we are in TX and that is down right chilly here:) ) Socks are a real challenge for me. Any two are called a pair in our house but my real goal, the real sign of a wonderfully organized house in my opinion, is a sock drawer with folded, matching socks.

So I called mom and asked her if she wanted to go to the mall with me. After all why go to Wal-mart around the corner when you can drive 20 minutes and enjoy a morning at the mall. Besides it turned out that JCP was having a sale so it was well worth it!

We walked around a little, looked at shops, tried on lotion and then we played on the play set. Aiden from Sunbeams was there. He recently moved into our ward (with his family of course) and the two boys had a great time playing. Mom and I sat and talked with Kara and enjoyed watching people. On the way out I bought a pkg of socks for G and we called the morning good.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You braved the mall for socks? Impressive! Sounds like a fun morning. :-)

Super Happy Girl said...

Too many to count sounds like you'd have too many socks to match and fold.
There's always something fun to do at the mall, you can't beat trying lotions, meeting friends and in my case, looking at th epuppies at the pet shop.

utmommy said...

So, are you boycotting commenting on my blog or what?

We are still in flip flops here and it was like 65 the other day. Funny how different it is.

Christine said...

We have five kids and way too many socks. I've given up on trying to match them. I just throw them in the "sock basket" and the kids fend for themselves. Then summer comes along, I toss out most of the socks and we were sandals for three months. So now it's starting to get chilly again and I need to pick up more socks. I wish I would have known you were going. I would have given you our sizes and asked you pick some up for us. ;)

Pirate Princess said...

We woke up this morning... 58 degrees! Brrrr.... cold front! Now I guess it's time to have our sock matching party. *grin*