THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Buon giorno!

When we got married DH and I took a wonderful honeymoon to Kauai. It was so relaxing and so fun! We said then that we wanted to take the next big trip when we hit our 10th anniversary. Through the years we've talked about it on and off. Discussing where we might want to go.
I said Africa, he said No.
He said cruise, I said not so much.
And so on.
There are lots of places we would love to go, but when it comes down to choosing one and doing it it got a little harder.
About a year ago we got more serious about deciding and everything under the sun was discussed from the TX Gaylord to Nauvoo to Alaska or Tahiti or back to Hawaii and everything in between. Then we talked with Nana and Abba who said they'd watch the little angels and that was the green light we'd waited for. We were off...somewhere.
Many months ago we looked at cruises again. I didn't want to do the Caribbean or the typical cruise but it turns out you can go anywhere. Who knew it was such a versatile vacation option? We decided we would probably cruise and were looking at Alaska. We had looked at the Mediterranean seriously as well but didn't see anything that took about a week, which was what we wanted.
Next we talked with my brother and sister and asked if they were interested. They were.
Then it turned out that Alaska was not their first choice so we looked some more.
Then we found a one week Med cruise and we were in business....almost.
Specifics and commitments and "are you sures?" flew around. We wanted to go, it's a little expensive. They wanted to go. It's a little expensive.
Ana&Ama started saving, so did we.

Then last night we did it. We booked our cruise. Leaving out of Barcelona Spain on June 14, 08. 10,000,099 phone calls later I think we're set. A&A booked. A&K booked and Michael is going too. I can't believe it. I am excited, and shocked. We'll make payments and have it paid off before we leave and then we'll be strolling the streets of Rome! Crazy!

9 comments:

nikko said...

Ooooo! That looks like it is going to be so fun. I hope you will have a great time. June is going to be a busy month for you!

Lana said...

we're cruising June 08 in 15 months...we have to plan way ahead to do this:)

nikko said...

Okay... I should have read a bit closer. I thought that was a little odd to book a cruise so close to your Disney vacation!

Lei said...

Oh my goodness, that is going to be SO FUN!

wendy said...

Oh, how fun! What a fantastic way to celebrate!

Anne/kq said...

Wow, big shots! (Nah, I'm just jealous.) That sounds like a load of fun.

Nettie said...

Wow! I'm so jealous! Take lots of pictures, and eat lots of yummy food that you can tell us all about! (And congratulations on 10 years!)

Anonymous said...

YAY! One of our best vacations was when we visited Italy, and France ... and Mallorca off the coast of Spain.
I cannot wait to hear about the cruise.... we're thinking about taking one for our 20th anniversary (2 years).
Wow. Way fun!

Lammy said...

I dunno why blogger won't link my current blog...
*sigh*