THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Conference weekend

It rained and rained and rained. It poured. We were out last night and the streets were flooding and the lighting was flashing. We've been in a drought so we needed the water.

Today dawned bright and sunny. We had family cleaning hour. DH worked on the lawn mower, then on the lawn.
We got to watch conference at home. Which is great.

Every conference my friend Nikko has a "soup thing". It's very fun. She makes soup, we bring sides and we go after the 2nd session and eat together. The men then carpool to priesthood and the women and kids stay and talk and play. This time I think we had about 7 families there.
Today I made a yummy jell-o salad and J and H and Emma made these cute chicky cupcakes to take with us.





Everything is so green and fresh looking today. It's kind of humid but nice. We were walking over to Nikko's after conference and it turned out to be one of those nice moments. I was pulling the wagon with the food in it. I ended up at the end of the pack because when we all went outside immediately H got on her bike and rode ahead. Then DH and G started walking. Brother called for me to wait for him while he got his bike off the porch, which I did. (S was gone at a birthday party and J and Em were coming in a few minutes). Then he rode ahead so I had a good view of everyone. The greens in the trees and on the grass were so vivid. The birds and bugs were chirping away. Lucy looked like a little Easter egg dressed in pink and yellow and be-bopping along next to her dad. He was all dressed up for the meeting later and looked so handsome. I don't know if it was because of the rain in the days past, or the good conference weekend we are enjoying or what but it was a happy, content moment.

Poor H got a fat lip at the soup thing. She bled and cried but I think she will be fine.

When it got dark mom and I and the littles walked home and J came running out with a fat lip. It was a fake, she was getting ready for April Fools. She did trick us for a moment.

Em is spending the night. The girls are enjoying looking at the stars. She's a good friend to J and it's always nice to have her over.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, doesn't that look like FUN? I wish we had such traditions for Conference Weekend but it's tough enough getting anything out of it with our two kids running around...let alone a bunch of families! :-)

Lisa M. said...

OH how fun. That is just great.

I loved the cupcakes. How cute is that?

Very-clever.

Phae-Jae said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend! I love the star-gazin' gals. Fun days!