THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

sometimes I just can't think of a title.

This sweet little thing....refuses to nap. It's been a very sad thing. She will scream in her bed for 1/2 an hour and never go to sleep. She will, however, fall asleep in the car picking up her sisters from school at 4pm, which every mom knows is the worlds worst napping time.

Children should nap until they are, uhmm, 6-7 years old at least.

I will keep trying, every few days she'll actually take a nice nap so it's not quite a thing of the past but I can see it's on the way out of our schedule.




Here she is leaving her crib, quite pleased with herself.

Last night H had gymnastics. It's been very fun. I sit with Heather, who is on the activities committee with me and whose son is H's age. Last night we planned our years activities. I've been a bit of a slacker, in my defense time flies by soooo quickly. We have a pot luck lunch coming up between conference sessions in a week and a half. Then we're going to have a talent show, potato bar, cake decorating contest night. I think it'll be real fun. I need to find a day in April or May when we have the building.

On my list of things to do today is to write a sympathy note to my cousin Laurance. Her son Matthew (10) died last week. Laurance and I are the same age, our fathers are brothers. I am the oldest in my family and she is the youngest. We have only seen each other a couple of times in our lives. The first time the summer before I went into 6th grade. We went to France so that dad could do genealogy work. That was the first time I met many of my family members. It was a lot of fun. I remember it well, which is a surprise since I typically have a poor memory. She spoke a little English and I spoke no French but we got along well and played happily. Later she came to America once to visit. I feel very sad for her, I can't imagine the loss.

Also on the list is make soup and coconut bread and prepare a FHE lesson.

H is home "sick" today. She didn't feel well yesterday and this morning when I woke her up so said she was sick so I let her sleep. Now she is fine and playing in the yard with G.

Random things on my mind:
We're having friends over to have an easter egg hunt on the Saturday before Easter. I just went to get some plastic eggs so make little invitations out of, so I guess I need to poll the family as to who they would like to invite this year.

Counting down to DDV, I can't wait. I haven't started the girls princess dresses yet...slacker; and worse I haven't lost weight yet which was totally on my adgenda of things to do this spring.

I am going to Utah in one month to visit Dani and Greg and MSV. I am very excited!

Brother is on the cusp of knowing how to read, he's really into memorizing books and "reading them" to us. It's soo cute!

My good friend Sheila called today and we had a fun visit.

9 comments:

Nettie said...

The dreaded end of naps! It wouldn't be so bad if they actually no longer needed one, would it?

Seeing all the fun your family had for spring break has made me get excited for ours. I'm so jealous you guys get spring so much earlier than we do!

Joyismygoal said...

Wow mine stopped napping at 2 and the only time they looked back was in the car if the drive was long. you are so lucky if you got yours to nap till they wee 6-7

Lana said...

I think children "should nap" but not one of mine has. I am lucky to get to age three! I also think they "should" keep their rooms clean, help out with chores happily and wear matching sock!

utmommy said...

All of mine stopped napping at 2. Sad sad day.

Can't wait until you get here!!

Anonymous said...

They might wear matching socks if they didn't get dressed out of a basked each morning.

Gabriela said...

The end of naps? Very sad. My first quit at 2 yrs 4 mo., #2 quit at 22 months (I almost died) and I had to wean #3 at 3 1/2 years (he was lurking around until 11 pm when he took a nap). It's always a hard adjustment for me. Good luck!

So sorry to your cousin-how sad.

Good luck with all of your stuff!

nikko said...

No naps = sad day!

Joyismygoal said...

You could title that picture "But I'm too cute to take a nap"

attack of The Mouse said...

Okay, I've had fun reading everyone's post. My daughter who is 2 1/2 still naps - well sorta. I make her take "breaks" she can do whatever she wants in the confines of her room. About 85% of the time she actually does nap, but other times she doesn't. Clearly I'm the one with issues of giving up the "break". I want it, I need it to keep me sane. Maybe I will sucome to everyone, and give my daughter a "break" and let her out of the "break" habit. Well said, "Sad Day".