THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, March 09, 2007

party time

J's good friend Rikki is moving over spring break. Her parents told her they were getting divorced (the day after Christmas) and now she is moving to Bedford with her mom. J is very sad. She asked if she could have Rikki and a few friends over for a good-bye party.
A few people grew until we ended up with 18 kids.

The plan was fire in the fire pit and pizza. Kids started to arrive right after school, although the party wasn't until 6:30. A couple girls came early to "help". Then we got a stream of kids in the evening. They've been pretty good, in a wild and senseless 13-14 year old way, but funny and silly.
They played basketball, played on the teeter totters, watched the stars, made s'mores, laughed and screamed and raced around, flirted, made jokes, and now they are upstairs watching a movie. Good thing we have a big game room. They went through 6 pizzas, tons of soda and a bag of marshmallows.




The little kids have enjoyed the commotion a lot. They got to play outside with the big kids. The three dogs have also been joining in the fun.
After the dirt, fire and marshmallows all the babies needed baths. I didn't want to be out of sight of the party so Lucy had to bathe in the sink.
It's 9:30 and the littles are tucked in bed and thanks to my lap top (which I LOVE SOOOOO MUCH) I am in a main room listening, watching and secretly counting down the minutes until 9:59 the official party ending time.
*hopefully J is having a fun time. She will really miss Rikki. Her other good friend is also going thru a divorce and probably moving and her best friends at school Ciera and Sofia are moving this summer as well. I feel bad for these kids and the break down of their families that they have to deal with. :( I also feel bad for J for losing her close friends.

7 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

I feel badly for her, too losing her close friends. =( That was sweet of you to host a party. I'll bet it meant the world to her!!

That picture of lucy in the sink is SO precious!

wendy said...

How sad to be losing friends and to see the marriages disolving just when the kids need their parents so much.

You are the funnest mom ever! Great party!

nikko said...

Aha! So thats where the noise was coming from last night. I had the windows open, painting, and could hear kids laughing and talking.

Chellie said...

You are soooooo busy all the time! Sometimes I get tired reading all your exciting posts! Lately, I've felt like sitting down and putting my feet up (although I haven't yet).
You're kids are so lucky to have you!

Gabriela said...

Sorry about J's friend, that is too bad.

You are such a nice mom to always be having fun activities at your house-I bet your kids love you for it. I hope I have that much spunk and energy when my kids are teenagers. :)

Mel said...

What a great host you are! Hearing about divorce and the breakdown of families is so sad. I'm sure the party meant a lot to your daughter and friends.

Joyismygoal said...

You ARE the Party Woman:)!!! What fun, but for such heart rending reasons.