THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, March 08, 2007

playing catch up

This was my week for preschool. Our theme was "Asia". Tuesday we learned about China and Japan. It was very fun. We read some stories, ate fortune cookies, played with Chinese battle sticks, made koi puppets and learned about "boy day". Today was a little off theme. I actually sat down to lesson plan a couple of times and never found anything that really struck me. We went to the library but had no luck. So we played outside a lot, which they loved. Read some books. Made fruit cocktail cake (thanks Anne!) and did some beginning consonant sounds work and some math papers. I had Austin and Ryan all day and also K after preschool so it was busy. The boys had a lot of fun. They played star wars guys for a long time. This morning before school they played "flood", which I was not very happy about. They were upstairs by themselves for about 15 minutes. During which time they set up all the guys on the table and brought glasses of water out of the bathroom and flooded them off. They were in BIG trouble when I saw their creative genius in action.
Tuesday night we were having FHE when our good friends stopped by to meet Zeus, Bob, Goliath, James, Paris, and back to just Jack. We had a fun time. We finished our lesson, ate mom's treat and then were treated to a song by Tori and Holly. (beware of dropping by during FHE you may be forced to eat cake and sing!)

Wednesday we went to the library.

Now I'm caught up on the news. I've been distracted this week with new puppy stuff, allergies, and trying to decide where to send our kids to school next year. But that will be another post.

7 comments:

I have a good life said...

A flood? How fun if you are four. How horrible if you are Mom! Sounds like a mess!

Good luck on the kids and school issue!

utmommy said...

I'm sure S would've loved to play flood with E.

Anne/kq said...

Glad you liked the cake! :D Sorry about the flood. :o Preschool sounds like so much fun. I wish I had friends interested in that around here, but all my friends work night or weekend jobs to pay to send their kids to preschool. *sigh* Not that my apartment is either clean or big enough, anyway. *double sigh*

Suzanne said...

What a fun theme for Preschool! I'll the the kids have so much fun! Maybe too much fun with the water! :O

Suzanne said...

Anne: I taught "D" Preschool by myself because no one around me was interested and we didn't want to pay to send him. It actually worked great and "D" still talks about it and things we did and it was over 2 years ago. I'll bet you would do great at it! :D

Lei said...

What is it with boys and water? Lol!

nikko said...

K (as usual) had a GREAT time at your house yesterday!