THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 10, 2007

crazy water babies!

While I am sitting in the kitchen warm and dry with chicken alfredo fetticini cooking for dinner and plugged into my lap top, like a normal person, my crazy family is in the pool. The weather has been very nice outside the last few days. In the high 70's. Perfect for taking walks, pulling weeds, sitting on the porch. Not perfect for swimming. But they don't agree. Poor Lucy is standing at the gate wishing she could go in, but her mom is mean and won't let her.

I have a family of fish. Which is very fun. I am the least fishy of the bunch, although I love the pool and going to the beach!

They claim it's not cold.













Took a picture of "Taco" and Millie and Jack last night. They are getting along well and luckily Tahoe is no problem. We have had a chance to animal sit a variety of animal through the years. Everything from bulls ("which will be no problem and never escape" and which escaped three times while we were taking care of them.) to fish, dogs, bees, chickens, etc. The bull was my favorite because it made for a great story. We were a few weeks away from having H join our family and were bull sitting. Each morning and night we drove down the street to feed and water them, and the chickens. We went pretty early so often we just hopped in the car in our pajamas and went. One morning I waddled down there in my giant tee shirt, covering an enormous belly; and the girls scampered down in their jammies and flip flops. (we're real cowgirls around here:)) and the bull was out (again~ he had gotten out the afternoon before and our friends came and rounded him up and "fixed"the fence, and he was out the night before and my DH "fixed" the fence) and the police were there rounding him up. We got out of the car and explained that we were left to care for the animals while our friends were away. Then I sheepishly added that we were from CA. OH! they nodded, well that explains it. Do you want us to finish rounding them up ma'am? Yes please. We watched them, then finished our chores and went home red faced.
The next morning we went over, completely dressed.
...and the officers drove by just to make sure things were fine.


Brother had his first soccer game this morning. They won. He scored 6 goals and did awesome! I didn't see it however.
The stake had a relief society meeting and I thought mom wanted to go so I went with her.
It was fine. They had some workshops and lunch. BUT I would really have rather been watching him play.
On the way home it came out that mom also would have rather watched him play. Most aggravating. Here I was trying to be SO nice and she didn't even want to go after all!

H had a fun birthday party to go to this afternoon at Putt Putt. She and DH went and played for three hours.

Tonight J has her first stake dance. She has a new shirt to wear with her gauchos and is looking forward to going.


My neighbor came by the other night with a sample from her new business. She says it's heavenly. I don't normally take baths...because who has time really? But I think tonight I'll try it out and see if I love it.


7 comments:

nikko said...

She brought me a sample, too. Maybe I'll actually have to take a bath one of these days.

The game was so fun to watch. E was the star player this morning.

The story about the bulls was so funny. I didn't know they used to have bulls...

Joyismygoal said...

I want to swim ???? I thought it was a nice time today i guess i am easily amused:) But i get that...If my child was playing i would want to be there i guess he will need to do a repeat performance for Mom:) It is funny that they are from Calif too:)

Lisa M. said...

Everytime I visit here, I smile.

Thank you for the giggles.

I am a fish. SEVENTY. Oh the crime, of standing by the gate.

We were never allowed to go bare foot, as a kiddo till it was 68 degrees.

*laughing*

I'm always looking for bath stuff. Can you order it online?

Anne/kq said...

I love the swimming pictures! Especially the first one!

I almost made fizzies for Christmas last year but ran out of time. I loooove my baths, though. In fact, I'm about to take one right now.

wendy said...

Pet sitting bulls? You guys are ca-razy!

When we first moved to South Dakota I remember laughing that the pools would close if temps were below 60. Who would swim if it is that cold? It turns out that sometimes 70 is just fine for swimming! (if you have a big warm towel and some sweats to wear home)

utmommy said...

My kids would love to be swimming right now too! Yesterday they put their bathing suits on to run through the sprinkles in a warm 58 degrees. They didn't last long, before they came in like little icicles.

yerdoingitwrong said...

That picture of the dogs is SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!

I would be swimming, too if we had that kind of weather. I must consider moving to a warmer climate!!

You have such a lovely family.