THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, March 05, 2007

like a hole in the head....

we needed another something in the house to make noise, and chew things, and poop. :) But need it or not here we have it. The newest member of the family: Domino, Jack, ???. edited March 6 edited again to say now we don't know because D called and said she "called" that name for her son and a son certainly outranks a dog, although she's not even pregnant now and isn't going to be for awhile and wants to name her first son something else and her second son Jack and who knows if she will ever even have two sons...look at me 5 girls and 1 boy, stranger things have happened. But S is the namer and she's at school and I told her all the info so for today he's puppy and we shall see. And, further I already gave up a name to her. When we were expecting little Lucy we wanted to name her Ariel and DH and I both liked it and D "called" it and we gave it up. Which was silly but seemed right at the time and now Greg doesn't even like the name Ariel so it's solely a mermaid name now.
I was driving to pick S up from school and she said, "mom, what would you think if I brought home a surprise puppy?" Nope. "What if it was a poodle/yorkie mix and SOOOO cute?" Well...maybe (thinking yea right that'll happen). Then she said her friend Diana's dog had puppies and her other friend Carrie got one just that morning and it was so adorable and she could get one too.
S has been wanting a puppy for a long time.
And she's a really nice girl, who's really responsible and easy to parent and delightful.
And we had been talking about getting a second dog and while DH wanted another lab the rest of the family was really leaning towards something small and purse-carrying-able.
So I said maybe.
By this time I had S in the car with me and DH called. I asked him and after a few questions he said he wouldn't mind. I was surprised, and I didn't mind either.


So being the plan aheaders that we are we hopped in the car, drove across town and picked up a darling curly boy. Who S called Domino. (who isn't yorkie at all but poodle something mix)

7 comments:

Dawnyel said...

So cute!!
If only puppies stayed that cute forever, and didn't poop or pee all over everything...I'd get one too! :)

yerdoingitwrong said...

Oh my goodness. Hi Domino!!! You're a cutie!!

Suzanne said...

What a sweet dog! I always thought it was strange about the "name saving" issue. People are weird...

Millie said...

Does your daughter have something to announce? Or did she already, and I missed it?

The pup is cute! Hope he becomes an awesome family dog!

Amanda said...

What a cutie! ITA with dawnyel, if they only stayed little and cute forever and didn't "leak" so to speak, then maybe we would get one too.

attack of The Mouse said...

Yeah a puppy. Just what every kid needs. However, I don't dare get one, because I've never had one before. He is really supper cute. This little guy will not lack in love. He has lots of "littles" to love him.

Julie Q. said...

It's a good thing my kids have never seen a dog this cute or maybe I'd break my resolve never to own pets again. What an adorable puppy!