THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 17, 2007

St Patrick's Day


Today is the last play day of our spring break. :( And it's St. Patrick's Day. We're not Irish, but like to observe as many holidays as possible and this one is a favorite.

We started the day with a "traditional" round of golf. The Irish are big on golf right?

The putt putt family fun center has a Saturday special. For $6 a person you get unlimited putt putt golf, 20 game tokens, a hot dog and a soda.

It was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast. Even Lucy played. We didn't keep score but we did laugh a lot. We lost a lot of balls but no kids so that was good.

In the evening we invited some new friends over. We actually had some miscommunication about the whole thing but at the last minute got everything ironed out and they came.

Papa and Grandma also came.

First the kids played soccer. It was boys against the girls and even though both boys are younger than both girls they held their own.

Then they hunted for gold that the leprechauns had hidden in the yard.
We ate a traditional Irish dinner of : corned beef, fried potatoes, cabbage cooked with apples and onions, green jell-o and for dessert southern banana pudding that Rick made that was SO yummy, and pot of gold green jell-o cake that I made.
The kids ran amuck, the adults visited. J read. It was very fun.
I just read "Fairest" by Gayle Carson Levine, and gave it to J to read. She was hooked and read the whole thing today.



9 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

lol Golf was invented in Scotland not Ireland. Looks like you had a fun day.

Joyismygoal said...

I am glad to see people having fun family traditions. Today I missed having my lots of children and having them little.... to play ... and do our old traditions that I was depressed and actually a little tearful I am sure it has to do w/ hormones too:)

The Pollard Fam said...

It looks like you all had such a great week! Banana pudding is so yummy! One thing I miss about being in Texas is you can usually get a banana pudding blizzard at any DQ- guess it is only a southern flavor since I haven't found it at any DQ not in the south.

yerdoingitwrong said...

Sounds like a very fun day!! You and your family seem so close and connected. I love reading about it all!

Chellie said...

Way fun! Our Spring Break is just starting... hopefully I can get some fun ideas off of all of your great posts. I'm too far along in my pregnancy to want to travel...
I like St. Patti's Day too. Very cute and fun tradition!

wendy said...

My 12 yo and I just read fairiest. Fun story. I like Lavine's fairy tales.

attack of The Mouse said...

What a fun day. St. Patty's day seemed to creap up on me. I think since my little one is only 2 1/2 I can still have a fun little dinner and celebration with her, and she won't even know. I went out of my way last halloween to buy a wiches pot, to act as a "pot" in the "pot of gold". I've just got to use it.

attack of The Mouse said...

Hope you don't mind I put a link to your blog on my blog. If you'd rather I didn't let me know and I will take it off.

Anne/kq said...

We are big into St. Patrick's Day at our house. We listen to Irish music and eat salmon and colcannon and sometimes I tell Irish legends to anyone who will listen. We all wear green and it is so special to me to have a day to connect with my Irish heritage even more than usual.