THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 19, 2007

birthday reflections

I had a very happy birthday. Going on field trip with H was so fun and there is no one I would have rather spent the day with.
In the evening we went to E's soccer practice and we ordered Chinese food. I was spoiled by all so Thank you, Thank you :)
Our family has a lot of birthday sharers. DH shared a birthday with his Grandmother Peg. He always loved that.
When I met her she already older and near the end of her life. I am very glad I got to meet her and visit with her several times for the few years I knew her. She was very sweet and loved her family so much.
A couple years ago we were in Ohio and Brian brought some letters that she had written to him. DH and I sat on the fireplace and read through all of them. They were so fun to read. He was in the states going to college and she was living in Turkey with her Air Force husband and the rest of the kids. She wrote every week and I am so glad that he saved them. I really felt like I got to know her through those letters. She wrote about every day life, how she had to bleach her vegetables before serving them, about taking Tommy to play here or there, about sewing for Susan or Becky. I loved reading them. Those letters are a precious legacy. That was part of what motivated me to start blogging. I thought a daily account of life would be interesting. Hers certainly was.

Our next birthday sharer is my mom and E and sister-in-law Kelly. Hopefully they will enjoy their shared memories as much. Last year Grandma and E got to celebrate together, which was very fun. Maybe one year we'll have all three of them together!

And now my Son-In-Law, Greg, and I have the same birthday. This year was our first year to share and we, in very typical 21st century fashion, texted back and forth our birthday wishes. This weekend while I am in Utah visiting we'll go out to dinner for the big day. He is a great guy. If I was going to sit down and write up a list of who I'd like my daughter to marry I think he'd jump off the page and be the one. He's kind and smart, hard working and most importantly faithful to the Lord. I think they will have a happy life together.

8 comments:

utmommy said...

Glad you had a great day!

Phae-Jae said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you! I'm so glad you had a great day! My SIL and I share a birthday as to my BIL and my mother (my husband's birthday is the very next day, so he kind of shares it, too), and my 3 year old and my 19 month old have the same birthday. There's a lot of sharing at our house, too!

I have a good life said...

How funny! My family has a ton of shared birthdays, too. Crazy how that works. I'm glad you had a good day!

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a nice day!!

Mel said...

Hope your birthday was the best!

maggie moran said...

Happy B-Day! My husband's 50 is May 11th and 2 girls he works will be turning 30/40 on the 9th & 10th. Weird but the party will be a blast! ;D

Tori :) said...

I'm glad you had a great day!!