THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, April 27, 2007

talent show

It's been such a busy few days, I guess it's just that time of year. Spring time seems hectic .....like all the seasons. Maybe it's just our family, we are busy.

H's dentist appointment went well. She has one more but said this one didn't hurt and hasn't had problems with it since, which is good.

Last night I went to our visiting teaching conference. It was really nice. There was a dinner, skit, musical numbers. Kind of the usual but it was well put together and the spirit was there. The theme was "angels among us" and the difference we can make in each others lives.

In the skit they had a reluctant visiting teacher. At the end she was kneeling to pray and Heavenly Father answered her in an audible voice. She had a conversation with him that really touched me.

I always say my prayers and I have no doubt that they are heard and answered. To hear an audible answer real time though was neat, and it made me think of Him as closer, really there.

Several sisters bore testimony of how their lives had been impacted by faithful visiting teachers. I guess I need to keep that in mind. We never know when our hands can be used as tools in His hands.

Today was a typically crazy day. I had to hustle this morning and try and get everything ready for the talent show tonight. We also had book club, which I wanted to go to, so I was trying to open up a block of time so I could do that.

Both H and E wanted to enter the cake decorating contest so after getting the last things we needed for the dinner we came home and got to baking. One of the cakes, when I first took it out of the oven to cool, burst. There was glass everywhere. I was so surprised. My stove top wasn't cold.
Of course it's always when you are in a rush that the unexpected happens. We cleaned the mess and headed off to book club anyway.

We read "Twilight", which I LOVED. I actually also read the second book "New Moon". Our discussion was fun. Pretty much everyone loved Edward!

Normally I hate scary books, and this is a vampire story, but I still loved it. It's 11pm, and I am waiting up for S to get home from the spring show and I am finding myself unable to really write a coherent sentence so enough about Edward and vampires for now.
H made a flower cake, inspiration thanks to family fun magazine. E made a star wars one, inspired by Debbie, my sister Anna's RLF. They both won prizes, which made them very happy. E's got first place, it really was cute.

The talent show went well. H's hula group looked so darling. It was very fun. Brother's preschool did a dance/lip sync that was fun. DH sang with the men. Papa sang also and played the harmonica. We had stilt walkers, a violinist, singers, a oboe solo, gymnastics; all kinds of fun stuff.



Everyone stayed and helped clean up. Yea for help.
Unfortunately we had a lot of food left over. I always get portion sizes wrong, plus I never know for sure how many will show up. Today we had a good crowd.



After it was over we drove to the HS to give S a car to come home in. Came home and packed J and H. H went to spend the night with Bethany, she was VERY excited. J and Emma went to spend the night with Mariah, in the morning they are going on a ropes course together with the rest of the young women. DH stayed home to put kids to bed and I drove big girls where they needed to go.
So, in a nut shell, I'm tired. Cakes did well, talent was fun, I'm ready for a Saturday.

3 comments:

utmommy said...

Cakes are darling!

Debbie said...

i like your cakes and thanks for the link:) you sound like you have been super busy but doing fun things.

question... what is RLF?

Gina said...

Great job on the cake! Awesome!

I had to come visit after seeing your comment about Edward on Tori's blog. So delicious is right! I just couldn't get enough of those books! I can't wait until August!