THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, April 13, 2007

water awearness

As a kid I never learned to be a good swimmer. I love to be out at the ocean, or by my pool. I am not a great swimmer however. When I had kids I, like most people I guess, had a list of things that were very important for me to make sure my kids could do. Swimming was way at the top of the list. I took everyone to lessons and no matter how much they cried or complained or were worried about it they learned to swim. Not Lucy but this is her year. They love the water and are little fish. And I am glad.

Today I randomly happened upon this blog and it made me pause and think. So go take a look, and then teach your kids to swim. And if they can't and you come to my pool expect me to be a swim-nazi and not let them in the gate without floaties.

5 comments:

wendy said...

swimming lessons are so important. Thanks for the reminder.

Tori :) said...

I read Annie's blog today too. She is an inspiring woman, isn't she? My heart just broke reading about her Izzy.

nikko said...

I totally agree. Be the biggest baddest swim nazi. It's your pool.

Chellie said...

our pool always worries me a little... even though I consider myself a swim-nazi too. It's just scary and that blog you found is a scary reminder too.

I am a HUGE fan of www.infantswim.com. Their program is simply amazing...

And just because you mentioned this, I think I will blog about it next week and get some video of my kiddo.

Annie said...

You can never be too careful when a pool and a child is involved. Great job spreading the word about pool safety & thanks for taking time to read Izzy's story. I hope that her accident results in many saved lives of children.
Blessings~
♥ Annie
My Life as Annie!