THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 07, 2007

hunting for eggs

We had invited several families over today for an egg hunt and dinner. It turned out to be a busy day for several and then a lot of people have been sick so we had some last minute sickies as well.
Heather and Zach came and Rachel and Robin and Haylee. They also brought their neighbor's twins.
We had a fun time. We visited while dinner was cooking.
The kids had a great time hunting. It was cold outside and we bounced around trying to keep warm. The babies didn't seem to mind and once they figured out that they were looking for plastic eggs filled with c.a.n.d.y.! they got into it.

Here are Zach and brother checking the back of the truck for treats. E loves to play with big boys and had a great time with Z. They played x-box, which was a real treat since we've had it unplugged and under the bed for the last two months.








Lou raced around and got lots of eggs. At first she had to run back and show me each one but soon she just went for it :)


Fun picture with DH's reflection in one of the metallic eggs.



Grandma made kulich and paska. I remember Baba Katya making that every Easter when I was a child. We always went to San Fransisco for holidays and for summers when I was small. We stayed with Baba Olya and Deda. I think mom really liked to spend time with her family and of course it was fun for us kids too. Alec and I had our beds in Baba Olya's room and she would talk to us when we were going to sleep. When Michael got older he joined us in her room too. Baba Katya lived with them and my uncle and his family lived close by, as well as lots of extended family. It was fun to have holidays with them, to spend time in Golden Gate park, and to play in the back yard and when we were older to play on the roof.
It was fun for mom to make it for us this year. The kids all liked the paska a lot. I am glad they get to spend time with their grandparents and to get to know them well.

2 comments:

Millie said...

"Baba?" I'd love to know your family's background.

Happy Easter! Looks like a fun day!

Joyismygoal said...

Prety eggs whatfun Ilove egg hunts