THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 07, 2007

it's snowing!...

the day before Easter. Admittedly it's just a flurry but it's darn cold.

My computer has been out of commission for two days. Since Thursday night. It's been torture :) Last night was the first chance I had to be back on line. I was too tired to post though.

Thursday night DH and I went on a date. We had wanted to see "Amazing Grace". It wasn't playing in our town but it was about 30 minutes away and it was leaving on Friday. I think it's still in Dallas. It was well worth the effort. We got lost going to the theater (of course) but found it on time to see the show (miraculously). We sat through all the previews and then they started "Dead Silence" , which was the show that was supposed to play at the next time slot. There was an uproar in the theater. People who are going to see Amazing Grace are not the same crowd who want to see DS. Probably 6-8 people jumped up to go complain and they quickly switched it. Luckily for us they gave everyone free passes to come back another time.
We both loved the movie. I didn't even know the name Wm Wilberforce before, however now he's a hero. He was a tireless abolitionist who worked for years to end slavery in England. I won't give away the plot but what really impressed me is this group of people who had nothing personal to gain, spent all this time and effort on a cause that was just. They were good Christian men and had a burning desire to do what was right. We left feeling uplifted and grateful.

The plaza where the movie theater was is so nice. It's open with a fountain in the middle, and lots of upscale shops and restaurants. We walked around a little just to see what was there. Found a place to stop for a very yummy burger. Went to the bookstore (natch) and the came home. It was late.

And I had to get up early to go exercise (groan). I think we're getting stronger (yeah!) but not thinner (darn).

Yesterday S and H had dental appointments. S's went well. H's was a disaster. She needs two crowns and a root canal. This will be her second of each. I don't know why she has such trouble with her teeth. She has the same oral care the rest of us do. I guess it's no candy, and brushing 3x a day for her now. We do sometimes miss a brushing because she is stubborn or late but I am still so shocked. Her two front teeth are getting banged up. They both have little nicks in them. The dentist feels it's because of her overbite. They are right out there as big targets. We had D do braces young and then she had to do it again (which is twice the expense and the pain). At that time we decided to wait for subsequent kids, so J and S waited and they both had braces that were much quicker and only once. I am thinking we may have to revisit that policy for H, or she may not have anything left to straighten.

We then spent the day doing errands and cleaning, and going to mom's in the evening to get stuff out of her house. DH spent the whole day in the yard, digging a trench, moving dirt around. When we finally got home and got the kids tucked into bed at almost 10pm, we were ready to collapse into bed ourselves.

This morning we have a soccer game and tonight we have some friends coming over to Easter Egg hunt and have dinner. It'll be a small group. And cold. But hopefully we'll have a nice time.

4 comments:

wendy said...

Sounds like a great movie - thanks for the review!

Sorry about the teeth. We had a couple sad dentist appointments ealier this year, and I need to get my oldest in to an ortho...

Lisa M. said...

That does sound like a busy couple of days.

I have heard great things about that movie. I'll have to make time to see it. I love good movies, movies that actually mean soemthing that remind us of things. That make a difference.

I hate the dentist. Yuck. I recently had a root canal myself, OH MY HELLO. goodness.

Good luck, my friend-

Joyismygoal said...

Oh that's gone already I really wanted to see that one I hope it comes out on dvd soon. I sooooooooooooooooooo miss working out i start PT next week for my dorky leg that will not heal, (how rude!!!) and I have an ear infection and more going on so I go to ENT next week too WOOOhoo

Dani said...

Yes its more blonde, but i dont know if im gonna keep it, I might go back brown this week