THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 29, 2007

my boys

Today is a fifth Sunday so we had a combined priesthood/relief society meeting. The Bishopric all spoke and they carried on with the theme of Sacrament meeting. It was all about paying attention to the basics. Personal prayer, family prayer, scripture study.
It was really good. I enjoyed all the talks and the analogies they made from the scriptures to our lives.
It's good to have a reminder about the importance of remembering the little things and paying attention them.
Justin talked about Ammon and the scattering of the sheep. He said we were like Ammon and the sheep were all the things we were trying to do right. Daily scripture study, personal prayer, etc. Then along comes the Lamanitish servants and scatter the sheep. Our LS are things like: illness, a new baby, a big project, going on a vacation, or any other thing that disrupts our routine. When that happens, not if because it's sure to happen, how we deal with it is so important. Do we weep, wail and give up hope or do we try and gather our sheep up again and renew our commitment to do good?

It was a good meeting.

Mom and Dad came over for dinner after. We ate and then went for a walk. The weather is lovely today.

I love Sundays.

9 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

What a great picture! Handsome duo.

Tori :) said...

Thanks for getting me remotivated to do what I know I need to be doing.

wendy said...

Interesting analogy - the sheep are always running around...

Your guys are so cute!

nikko said...

Sounds like it was a great meeting. We had a great time in Primary, too!

Your boys look great.

Phae-Jae said...

I love Sundays too.

utmommy said...

I like E's vest, looks so nice.

Anonymous said...

Wow, they could be twins. :)

I love the sheep analogy. I'll have to remember that for future reference. It really hit home with me.

I love Sundays too. :)

Lisa M. said...

I love Sunday's.

It sounds like a really great day-

How neat.

Pirate Princess said...

That there is a hansome pair! ;-)