THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, April 02, 2007

say what?

Tonight was H's last night at gymnastics. She enjoyed her class a lot. She is good at bouncing around!

G had her evaluation today too. She failed, or passed depending on how you look at it. We had two evaluators, Maricarol the speech therapist and Erin the cognitive therapist. G was cooperative and enjoyed "playing with" them. She has a 5 month delay in speech. On one scale you need a 6 month delay so I thought she wouldn't qualify. They did a second test where you only need a 4 month delay and she still had the 5 month so she's in. Which is good, I guess. She scored about 36 months on most of the cognitive stuff but only 21 months on verbal communication. Which is a 15 month difference. No wonder she is frustrated. We start therapy next week in our home. I think it will be fun. Hopefully it'll also make a difference and she'll quickly increase her vocabulary. They said she was amazingly communicative for someone who only says 10 words. She is, we understand her well. She just has trouble with people who don't know her.

Meanwhile brother is learning to read and write. He is very interested and wants to write words all the time. It's fun. I hope he will be an independent reader soon. I think he'll enjoy it a lot.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I totally "get" the frustration thing with speech. My little one is all over the board developmentally and it makes for a very frustrated 3 year old:) I think you really will love the in home therapy. I know it has made a huge difference for us. Good luck.

yeah on brother learning to read and write. that is a huge yippee!

Lisa M. said...

I understand, as well.

I loved in home therapy. I hope you will too, and as Mel said, good luck. It really will make a huge difference!

*hugs*

Anne/kq said...

Well, thank goodness for early intervention, but I'm sorry about the "bittersweet" result. I wish all my friends' lives and their kids' lives would go perfectly, but I guess that's not the point, is it?

nikko said...

Hopefully Lucy will respond well to the therapy and it will boost her vocabulary!

How exciting that E is wanting to write all the time. That is cool. Right now K wants to add all the time. All day long I'm answering questions like, "mom, what's 12 plus 13?" LOL.