THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, April 20, 2007

rodeo

Abba arrived! We had dinner and then headed out to the rodeo. We found a good place to park and walked in only to discover that it was a high school rodeo night. Which meant that kids were not free :(
We decided to go anyway and were able to go in and find seats that were pretty good. The coliseum is on the small side and I think that makes all the seats really pretty good. You can see what's going on, which is fun.

I though the kids would really like it. I don't think they did as much as I thought. Lucy was wiggly and kept bumping the lady in front of us. We tried to move her to a seat that wouldn't let her reach but it was a challenge. She did like the horses.
E thought it was "boring". He watched and liked some of it but wanted to go home most of the time.
H cried and whimpered because she felt sad for the animals that were being roped or thrown down. She was disappointed because she wanted to see a clown and we left way before bull riding started.

I enjoyed it, and I think DH and Abba did too. DH and I might go again but we probably won't take the kiddos any time soon.

7 comments:

utmommy said...

I'm surprised they didn't like it, but am glad you still had fun.

Phae-Jae said...

I love a good rodeo! Looks soooo fun.

wendy said...

The rodeo is fun! as long as no one spills any beer on your shoes!

Gabriela said...

That always happens to me-I think I know what my kids are going to love and then they don't. ???

Looks like fun though.

Unknown said...

I was raised around the biggest rodeo in the world (Calgary Stampede) and always got a little choked up when I'd see the calf roping...

Glad you at least had fun!

Lisa M. said...

Oh that sounds really fun. It sounds like you do such neat and fun things with your family-

I love that about you-

Mel said...

We had a similiar experience when we tried to take our kids to the rodeo but its still fun to go every now and again. Glad that you enjoyed it.