THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 14, 2007

hail, hamahama, & handcarts

We slept safely last night. Which is a huge blessing. One I sometimes forget to be grateful for. Every morning that we wake up and have another day to live, and make choices and to be better people is a real blessing and shouldn't be taken for granted. Last night's storm did spawn some tornadoes, none of them were close to our home. The stake center had bigger hail, and was much closer to actual tornadoes. There were 60 cars in the parking lot that had hail damage. The girls had a lot of fun. This morning they had to be at the church at 7am ready for a 5 mile trek pulling handcarts. It was cold and windy today and I think they were in for an eye opening trek.

Today we had a primary activity for the littles. They enjoyed it and came home full of stories of how it went and what they did.
E had a soccer game. Papa and DH took him. They won and he scored. He came home happy about that.
After the activity the kids had their friends over to play for a couple hours. It was fun to watch them and see what they chose to do. Brother and his friend C, got out blankets and made a landscape. Then they jumped around pretending. They talked a lot to each other about what they were doing. "and then we...." . The girls went outside for awhile and then after lunch locked themselves in H's room and quietly played. The boys were anything but quiet. Both sets had a fun time.
Afterwards we cleaned up and Papa and Grandma came over. We all went to Joe's Crab Shack together and I had the yummiest shrimp with mango salsa. When dinner was done Papa and DH took the kids home and Mom and I went to a Pampered Chef party, that turned out to be canceled, which was fine.

Yesterday H started hula lessons. She and several of the little girls in the ward are doing the hula for our ward talent show at the end of the month. She is excited. I stayed to watch them and it was pretty funny. Their hamahamas were hysterical. I think they'll do a good job. Hopefully the whole activity will go well.



I "found" this cute pic on Wendy's site and wanted to use it too since I secretly wish I was her next door neighbor and we could go to mommy surf club together:)

2 comments:

wendy said...

How sweet of you to post the picture of our latest mom's hula/suft club meeting.

Hula is cute. It cracks me up to see my girls trying to do their ummies (sp?)

I have a good life said...

Thanks for taking my kids! They had such a fun time. They wished they'd been there longer! I completely forgot about the hula with all the tornadoes and stuff that afternoon! oops!