THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 12, 2007

lists: not complete, off the top of my head, in no order

Some random things I love, dislike, look forward to. In no particular order.

Things I like:
  • artichokes, with mayo. The yummiest lunch ever.
  • my suburban. Even though it gets awful gas mileage it has room for everyone and the kids love the TV. And I love the heated seats, surprise, who knew I would?
  • reading. H and I are reading "the Wizard of Oz" together and it's very fun.
  • the food channel. We just "discovered it" and it is so cool. I love Iron Chef, and Throw Down. Very fun.
  • Amazing Race and Survivor
  • warm weather
  • doing art projects with the kiddos

  • that S is an awesome cookie baker
  • soft grass
  • the smell of rain
  • my "imaginary friends"
  • my real friends
  • freshly laundered clothes
  • cooking on the grill
  • eating at Joe's
  • going to the zoo
  • babies fresh from the tub and all jammied up
  • coco cabana
  • digital photos
  • general conference
  • chocolate
  • teaching brother's preschool
  • listening to my kids dreams and hopes
  • cheerful yellow walls
  • walking on wet sand

Things I don't like

  • those little plastic beads that you melt into designs...and that I get to pick out of the carpet a lot lately
  • over flowing laundry baskets
  • the smell that gets on your hands when you pump gas
  • nakie missy taking off her diapers every hour
  • lima beans
  • being stuck at the train tracks
  • library fines
  • planning ward parties
  • a DVR that records part of a show ~argh

Things I am looking forward to

  • dream Disney vacation (woo hoo!)
  • seeing Dani and Greg next weekend. It'll be so fun to visit with them, to get my hair cut, to see MSV and to sleep in on Sunday (if they have church in the afternoon...I think they do, I hope they do.)
  • brother's soccer game
  • the girls going to youth conference this weekend~ I think they'll have a great time
  • swim season
  • going to the downtown arts festival

10 comments:

Tori :) said...

Great list!! I love our Yukon for the very same reasons!! (And yes, the gas mileage sucks big time!!)
Liv has started taking off her diaper too. What's up with that??

attack of The Mouse said...

I love your list too. I keep thinking I should do something similiar. I loved "an average teenagers" list of frustrating things.
I can't keep clothes on my 2 year old either. When you figure out the secret let me know. Okay and being stuck behind a train is just plain and simply agravating. It should be agaisnt the law or it should be a noble excuse for being late.

Mel said...

Great list!
Ditto on warm weather and soft grass and swim season:)

Dani said...

Nope, we have church at 9 =)

Lana said...

9am...oh no.
well I almost got to sleep in then ;)

nikko said...

Hey, you can sleep in till 8:30! ;o)

I love random lists. We have those stupid plastic beads, too. I hate them. Library fines -- grrr.

I don't care for artichokes, but we can still be friends. :o)

talitha said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Someone else likes lima beans!!!!

talitha said...

I mean, you totally meant to put them on your "likes" list, right??? They just accidently ended up on the "don't like" list, I'm sure.

yerdoingitwrong said...

What a great list. We have lots in common. I ADORE artichokes with mayo, too!!

Anne/kq said...

Artichokes are good with ANYTHING. I know a song about them (by Malvina Reynolds.)

"Down in Monterey the artichokes grow,
Towsy-headed artichokes, row after row.
They grow in Monterey because it's comfortable there;
They like the sandy soil and the cool salt air!

Artichokes, mm-mmm,
Artichokes, mm-mmm,
Artichokes, mm-mmm.

When you eat an artichoke, you take a little bite;
Stick you in the finger if you don't hold it right.
Eat a little nibble, throw away the rest,
Enough left over for a google-birdy nest!

Artichokes, mm-mmm,
Artichokes, mm-mmm,
Artichokes, mm-mmm."


I love artichokes. :D

But then, I like lima beans, too-- as long as they're cooked right. ;)

And if you like Food Network, try Alton Brown (of "Good Eats"; also the announcer on Iron Chef America.) He's my favoritest. :D