THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

it's a secret



Tomorrow is my birthday. I am not really excited or upset by it. Every year is a blessing. Really every day I wake up and have the day ahead of me I feel lucky for. In some ways I feel "old" and in others ways I can not believe I have a daughter who is married and all these kids and all this life lived already. Crazy!

Since I am the mom and the one who gets the mail I get to open cards and gifts as they come if I want. This week I have received several packages and it's been so fun. This morning is E's long day at preschool so with just Lucy as a helper I decided to take some of my gift cards and hit the stores.

First I had to go to DPS because I lost my license (again). Luckily the line was short, unluckily I forgot Lou's stroller and almost canceled the outing since I knew I'd have her free in the stores. We didn't cancel. Our first stop was SHHH! victoria's secret. I have never been fitted for an undergarment before but did today. We'll see if she really has a wonderful secret or not :) Then I went to Coldwater Creek and finally the book store. I got to carry Lucy and pkgs from place to place. It was raining but not hard and the temp was lovely. Lou was pretty good and we had a fun morning. Lucy found a little stuffed elephant in Barnes and Noble. I let her buy it and while she was sitting up on the counter "helping" me the man asked her if she was getting a new dog. She laughed and said "not dog" and then made a sound that could have been elephant. It is fun to see her sense of humour emerge.

We met DH for lunch at Panera Bread. I got something different than I usually do and was a little disappointed. Lucy fell asleep on the way home and now I have a few minutes to clean up and to try to avoid the temptation to read a new book!

12 comments:

utmommy said...

How fun for you!

Awesome Mom said...

Happy early birthday!!

attack of The Mouse said...

Happy Birthday. What a fun "suprise" shopping with some extra money just for you. I'm glad you had a great time. Enjoy.

Melessa Gregg said...

Happy Birthday! I was measured at 'the secret place' a few years ago and I can't recommend that enough. I'm glad to hear you spent some time and money doing something for you.

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a fun day shopping. :)

yerdoingitwrong said...

What fun! Happy Birthday, girl. Enjoy your day!!!

Gabriela said...

Happy Birthday! I love birthday shopping trips. And my bra that I was fitted for at VS? My favorite one.

Have a great day!

Joyismygoal said...

Happy Bithday to Us
Happy Bithday to Us
Happy Bithday to Us
Happy Bithday to Us

I have a good life said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun on the field trip! Thanks for having a birthday so we have an excuse to go to lunch! I sincerely hope you have a WONDERFUL day. I'm thinking of you and sending you good "Happy Birthday" vibes!

Tori :) said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (I accidently posted it on the wrong post...)

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great day!! :D

Lisa M. said...

Ah how fun. Shopping for JUST what you want-

I love that, and hope you will share with us, what you bought.

Happy Birthday my friend.