THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rangers Game

The crack of a bat, the smell of hot dogs in the air, fireworks lighting up the evening sky for every home run. These things were all new to us. We took our kids to their first pro baseball game last night. DH got free tickets for a Rangers game from a friend at work. (yeah for free!) We had a surprisingly fun time.

We were excited to go. We had planned to go with Papa and Grandma therefore planned on Tues night so they could go. Several of our friends went last night and today Grandma called and told us they couldn't go so we were a little bummed that we had missed going with our friends the night before. Despite that little disappointment we were psyched to go. I didn't know how the kids would do and we planned on leaving early. J did get to bring Emma, and she was happy about that.

First thing we did when we got our seats was to hop up and go buy $2 tee shirts. Then we got back to our seats and were there in time to hear the Star Spangled Banner sung.
The first guy up for the Rangers got a home run. There was fireworks and cheering.

The whole game was very fun and exciting. The Rangers won 12 to 9. The kids had so much fun watching the dot race, seeing the fireworks, cheering, dancing, hoping to see DH and I kiss on the screen. It was very entertaining.






Lucy was a little wiggly but we traded off keeping her busy and she actually did pretty well.
I brought snacks, and crayons and paper to draw on, drinks, the works. We used it all.

I got to visit the bathroom about 6 times with different kids.

On the last inning the Rangers were ahead 12 to 6 and so we headed out. When we got down to the bottom we decided to look at the field one more time closer up. Then we saw that the Devil Rays had scored while we were walking down, twice. We then watched them score again.. it was such a surprise. Fortunately it ended well :)

We walked out to the car and the minute we were inside and closed the doors it started to rain. Perfect timing!

I was surprised we stayed the whole time and that we had so much fun.










The End

5 comments:

wendy said...

Batter Up!

What a fun family night! I love that last picture!

Phae-Jae said...

Fun! You missed the rain and the traffic, I'm guessing!

Tori :) said...

I haven't been to a Rangers game in forever!! How fun!

Tori :) said...

I just realized on my site meter that you are located very, very close to where I grew up. I actually played softball in your area...People who live where you live used to be in my old ward. Small world!

Lisa M. said...

Um, who are the Rangers?

*giggling*

Just teasing.

You know, I just love your pictures. They are filled with Love!