THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

stockyards fun

Today I got to go with H on her field trip.

We went to the stockyards.

I didn't know what to expect but it was so fun. It was probably the most fun I have ever had on a field trip.

We got there and the kids ran the human maze. H got "her best time ever", 16 minutes. All the kids who finished got poppers and sat on the ground and played with them.





We went to several of the museums there. I had never been inside some of them and I particularly enjoyed the wagon displays.
We also got to go in the coliseum. Home of the first ever indoor rodeo. Also the only place that has two rodeo's every weekend.


The bus was loud and crowded. As all school buses are. :)






















We got to watch the herd have their cattle drive down the street and we had a special presentation about being a cowboy.
The most surprising part was when we went by marine creek. I didn't even know it was there. It runs under the street and the shops are built on a bridge that goes over it. It was such a surprise to walk down between two shops and see this creek!


We had lunch at the pavilion. H, Alexa and Meagan were "food statues".

It was such a fun day. The history of the area is really interesting and they did an awesome job on the tours and presentations.

Now H and I want to go see a rodeo!

11 comments:

utmommy said...

Who knew after all those trips to the stockyards you would find something new? How fun!

wendy said...

Today I saw a guy in cowboy boots and a hat. Not as cool as your cowboy day, but it did suprise me. It seemed so out of place in Hawaii, doncha think?

Tori :) said...

That's so neat! How fun for you! (and the kids...)

Pirate Princess said...

Looks like u had a great time... Happy Birthday by the way! :)

Amadeo said...

Today is your birthday! Happy Birthday! I realized I am lame and since I talked to you yesterday about your birthday, today it seemed like I already called and said it. So I am sorry. I will call you tomorrow. I love you and hope your day was wonderful!

Anna

Joyismygoal said...

I know what you mean about that creek it is a fun suprise, glad you had such fun.

attack of The Mouse said...

Thanks for the post. I didn't even know what a stockyard was. Now I know. Looks like H. had a great time. She is always smiling and having a good time.

AeroRob said...

We'll have to take Abba to the "radio" this weekend.

I have a good life said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and the weather was absolutely perfect yesterday for it! What a great birthday day! :)

Dallas Meow said...

Happy Birthday

Cheri said...

I read you and your sisters blog every day- I was just over there and wanted to quick hop over to wish you a Happy Birthday!
Love your blog by the way!
Cheri