THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 01, 2007

conference Sunday

Conference was today. It was, as always, really good. I like watching it at home. We always have a pot luck lunch between sessions at the church. Today I found it distracting to get stuff ready for it. Once we were there is was fun though. There was lots of food and a lot of it was really yummy. Donna's wild rice was delish! it was probably my favorite dish of the day.

The kids always enjoy running around with their friends.

The talks were great. I'll be excited for next month's Ensign so I can read it and make some notes. Pres. Hinckley suggested we use those talks for FHE for the upcoming months. I am excited to do that.


After lunch we came home and watched the last session. Then DH wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens and enjoy the lovely weather and look at the flowers.

The big girls didn't want to go but the littles did. We had a fun time. The weather was perfect. The flowers were blooming and the air was heavy with the colors of the sky, trees, grass and blooms and with the sounds of laughing children, talking adults and buzzing bugs.



We stopped by a little pond and the kids played for a long time. They enjoyed jumping on the rocks and playing with the other kids there. One little girl found a tiny turtle. E and H played with it and with her for a long time.


Collecting nuts, hopping on rocks, smelling flowers, and enjoying the sunshine were the order of the day.

We got home late, fixed dinner then gathered in the living room and visited about the conference before bed.

It was a good day.

7 comments:

nikko said...

What a fun idea to go to the botanical gardens!

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful day! I wish Utah was that green! It sounds like you had a great Conference weekend! :)

Lisa M. said...

I love the Botanical Gardens. They are so fun to visit, and your pictures are stunning.

I'm glad you had a good day.

I have a good life said...

It was a beautiful day yesterday! What a fun family activity to go to the gardens. The pictures are wonderful. I am glad H's lip is okay. We missed being there (grumpy kids and too much to do).

wendy said...

I loved that pink flower close-up. Incredible! And what a cute little turtle.

attack of The Mouse said...

Cute turtle. I too just love conference weekend. It is nice to stay home and listen to conference in your pj's. I'd love some tips on how you prepare for the in between meal, without it being a distraction. I haven't figured that one out yet.
I love your pictures, looks like you had a great time with your family and that is what this is all about - family.

Joyismygoal said...

I loved that pink flower close-up.and thwe white one too... cute little turtle. This was an awesome weekend very richly fed both Spiritually and physically and great company,