THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, October 12, 2007

let the record show....

J is mad at me. This morning she came in my room at 5:45 and said she forgot to set her alarm and she didn't make muffins for seminary. What should she do? I told her to go without them. Natural Consequences. Truth be told had it been a normal day I probably would have gotten up, made them and taken them to her. But today DH had to leave at 6:30 for an early morning engine test and I wasn't willing to wake up the three little kids and take a half hour out of their morning when really every minute in the morning is carefully orchestrated so that brother gets to school on time and everyone has a chance to eat.

So, she's mad, and I feel badly. And I know she'll remember for ever after. It will go into the "the times mom let me down" hall of fame.

so, for the record I will remember some of the nice things I did for J this week. And when she looks back and remembers the muffin incident of 2007 maybe she'll have a tiny bit of perspective to go with it...or at least her therapist might.

Monday morning I got up and took J to Emma's so she could spend the day at 6 Flags. I gave her $20 and a kiss good-bye.
Tuesday after school I took J to the mall where we looked at 50 dresses for 3 hours and finally picked a lovely homecoming dress for her to wear, and I paid for it. Then we looked at jewelry.
Wednesday we went to Grandma's after school so Grandma could alter it, and I took her out selling for her fund raiser. Then I took her to the Ballards for her meeting. Where she forgot her purse.
Thursday I went to pick her up at Sofia's house where they were making mums at the agreed upon time of 7pm. She wasn't there. I went back at the newly agreed upon time of 8pm and got her. When she reminded me she forgot her purse at the Ballards. We went home did some stuff and then at 9pm went to the Ballards and got her purse then she remembered she needed to make muffins so we went to Albertson's where I carried a sleeping Lucy through the store and we got muffin supplies (does this sound like when you give a moose a muffin?).
We got home and I said you need to make them tonight. No, I want them to be warm. You won't get up in the morning. Yes I will. Okay.

9 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Murphy'y law is at it best between midnight and 6:00 AM so sorry

Cheri said...

They do seem to remember the stuff they feel let them down waaaaaaaay longer than all the stuff we always do for them don't they!

Yvonne said...

I think it's like in the song "The Way We Were"--we remember the good stuff. (I'm talking a few years from now--not next week ; )

What a great mom. (I love the book, "If You Give a Moose a Muffin")

Suzanne said...

"Muffin incident of 2007" LOL! (O.k. I shouldn't be laughing.)

I think you're such a great mom, but it still must be hard when dealing with the wrath of a teenager! I really admire how much time you spend with your kids and support their activities. This too shall pass...I hope! :)

nikko said...

I'm all about natural consequences. :o)

Amanda said...

You are an awesome mom! Someday they will appreciate it too! :)

I'm queen of guilt trips! ;) I'm constantly reminding my kids of all the wonderful things I do for them so that they can exist happily in this world. I more than willingly toss that out when they complain about something I "didn't" do. Probably not the best mommy attitude, but they quite complaining so mom will stop too.

Anne/kq said...

Ah, the joys of being (and living with) a teenage girl...

Patriot said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know about a free giveaway I'm hosting at my site. It's for all natural bath and body products made in Texas. Come check it out!

I'm hosting more giveaways every week - so keep checking!

Thanks!

wendy said...

Poor J.... but it is kind of funny...

can't wait to see the homecoming dress!