THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, October 29, 2007

project

Today is project day. DH is working on the back deck.

Grandma and H are working on baby quilts for the sick babies at JPS Hospital. It's a service project with the quilting group Grandma is doing.



I went to help in brothers class today. It was his turn to bring the snack. I asked his teacher if I could come and do a story with it. The theme this week is "Make Believe" and "M&M"s. So I got the book "Hansel and Gretel" and read it to them while they munched on apples. Then I had a snack/craft ready for each one. They got a paper plate with a square graham cracker and a triangle graham that they put together for the witches house (from the story). Then they had a cup with a scoop of frosting and a bag of m&ms, fruit snack people, fruit leather and a chocolate door. They got to make their own candy house and eat it. After we stayed until school was done and helped with math. It was very fun. Brother got his math done in about 2 seconds, on the way home he told me his teacher hasn't taught him anything he didn't already know except for their class songs. I told him class songs were good, and playing with friends was good.

4 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Yeah for quilting,grandmas and decks and snacks and moms and math and , dads, stories and songs, friends too:>

Anonymous said...

This reminds me...I've got three baby quilts about halfway finished. Guess I oughta get to those sometime, especially since the babies they were started for are getting pretty big now!

Yvonne said...

How do you do everything you do? I think you are amazing!!! I bet the kids loved having you tell them the story--the snack/craft sounds so great.

Joyismygoal said...

uuuuggghhh did you hear about this why do this and ruin it for us
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/10/rowling-outs-du.html