THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Woman to Woman: Book Review

Lei at My Many Colored Days is hosting woman to woman this week, the theme is books we have read.

I got this at the airport on the way home and almost finished it by the time we had landed. It is the story of four generations of black women and their lives and dealings with abuse at the hands of their men.
I liked it. It was not depressing despite a lot of heartache. Each of the women showed courage as they loved their children and tried to make their way in life as best they could.

8 comments:

Zoe said...

Wow, what a beautiful cover too ... I shy away from books about abuse, too painful to read but, it is good to hear about the triumph in this story. I am definitely going to check it out. Thanks!

BAK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BAK said...

Hi! I left another comment but it didn't come out right, so I am trying again. this sounds like a good book. I don't mind books that are sad as long as they show that the characters grow, and it sounds like they do in this one. Thanks for reviewing it! Have a great day!

utmommy said...

Another book I'm going to have to add to my need-to-read-list.

Lei said...

Definitely sounds like something I'd enjoy. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your review it does sound interesting...

Gran said...

What a great review of the book Color Me Butterfly. It sound like a book that I would enjoy reading.

Thanks for sharing your review today and have a wonderful week filled with love and laughter!

Angela

someone else said...

It sounds like a good example of strength. Thanks for sharing it with us.