THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, June 16, 2008

all the time in the world

One of the most lovely things about summer, and being a stay at home mom, is having the luxury of time. We have all the time in the world to be.
This morning we got up around 7 (can I hear a whoot whoot for sleeping in!) and slowly got going on the day. I made waffles. Lu wanted i tream on hers. After a moments thought I decided it's no worse than syrup, come on how nutritious is that? and ice cream is a dairy product so I dished a little scoop of orange sherbet on top of hers and she was thrilled. Then we did chores, got some rooms cleaned up and some laundry done. We hunted down library books and after lunch headed down town where we enjoyed walking over to the library from the parking garage and where brother so kindly held open the door to Quiznos for two ladies who then proceeded to make the biggest fuss over what a good man he was and how sweet and thoughtful.
Once at the library we went to the kids section and found books, made puzzles, sat quietly and not so quietly. We had time for the kids to put on several puppet shows. Time enough for them to tire of it. I could have sat there forever watching the dragons and the dinosaurs beat each other up (bub's play) or the horse and the girl sing a song (Lu's). When we had finally had our fill, and watched the fish in the tank and got several drinks and stopped by the kid size potty (it's the small stuff that's the most fun right?!) we checked out and walked out of the library into the blazing TX afternoon only to behold a most amazing sight. A crane working right across the street was lowering down to pick something up. Right before our very eyes. I know, you wish you were there. We had to stop, and sit, and watch the crane come down and hook up to a pile of brinks. It then raised the brinks up 15 stories and moved them onto a platform where a very cool construction worked was waiting. We had time to watch the whole thing. In the heat, and the sun. When that amazing feat was over we walked back to the garage. Decided who got to push the buttons on the outside and on the inside of the elevator. Rode up. Found our car, buckled up and headed straight to McD for ice cream cones.

It was a great outing and I would not trade that time for anything.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Isn't it amazing how cool it is to see big machinery. (It's always fascinating ; )

I'm with Lu--ice cream on waffles sounds perfect to me.

What a great day. Isn't it wonderful to be a SAHM.

BTW, in answer to your question, yes, allan is.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I love the play by play! This truely is the joy of being a stay at home mom, life can go at your own pace and you can enjoy all the little moments. I love summer days like that, unhurried and spontaneous. xoxo

utmommy said...

I'm totally jealous!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I will say it again: You can tell who you love by who you waste your time with -- It shows.

Cheri said...

It is SO nice to be able to slow down and enjoy those simple times!

Mel said...

I might have to try the sherbet on waffles thing! Yeah for lazy days of summer.

Suzanne said...

I know exactly what you mean! I love the lazy summer days with the kids that I get as a stay-at-home mom!

Sleeping in is 7? Wow, how early do you normally have to get up. 7 is still early for me! LOL!

My 5-year old would have loved watching that crane. He would have talked about it all day long.

Oh, and you are such a cool mom for putting ice cream on waffles! :)