THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 28, 2008

We made it!

We drove all day and hit some traffic but made it last night. Tom and Diana were kind enough to let us crash at their house for the night. The kids were excited to arrive and couldn't wait to hit the beach.
First thing this morning we headed out into the sun. The weather was perfect. When we got to the beach there were purple and orange flags up, meaning dangerous marine life and medium waves. It turned out to be jellies. We braved the water anyway and got a few little stings but nothing too bad and everyone thought it was worth it (for the record I did not get stung). Emma caught one and we put it in a bucket to watch it swim around.
Lu built sandcastles and played in the waves. She loved it.
Brother learned to body surf!
After the beach morning we went and met H and Nana and Abba. We missed her while she was gone, and I think she missed us but she had a pretty good time with her grandparents and was spoiled rotten :)
We got to our beach house, which is beautiful! and then Nana and I headed out to Wal mart for supplies, which was crazy busy.
Abba and DH took the littles swimming and Em and J went to the beach where they saw a shark in the water and instead of choosing to get out they followed it!
After dinner we played Killer Bunnies with Diana and Jess and Em. Emma won!
Day one was a success. Jellies, sharks and bunnies all in one day :)
(also some Wii time)

5 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

what absolute fun.

Anna said...

I wish I was there with you guys and hopefully the weather cooperates for the rest of the week!

Yvonne said...

Looks so fun--I'm so glad you are having a great time. But wait a minute--A SHARK!!! I'd never get Heidi back in the water if she saw one ; )

Love the pictures--Lu looks so adorable.

Caroline said...

They WHAT?!? Are they nuts? Is this what high adventure camping does to teenage girls? Turns them into little risk takers... A shark... Good grief.

Anne/kq said...

Sharks are uncool. *shudders* Why can't they stay in their own waters? (I know, I know. Nature and all that. Not their fault. Man's encroachment. Blah blah.)

I LOVE Lu's hair in that pic, so cute!