THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Awards Assemblies

This morning was the 3rd grade awards assembly. It was long. 2 hours long. Our school has 11 3rd grade classes (everything is bigger in Texas). Lu and I went. I was too far back to get a good picture of her on the stage accepting her awards so I snapped this after with her friends Ellie and Payton. H's oh so happy face is because the 2 medals and 3 certificates she got for scoring a perfect score on her math TAKS, a commended score in the reading TAKS, being on the honor roll, being a good citizen and being the "spur of the week" were not enough to make her truly happy. She wished that she got some other awards too. I don't know where she gets this from. If I won any award in math I would be shocked and thrilled. If I won 5 awards at an assembly I would be ecstatic. H is an awesome girl with many,many talents. Being a glass half full kind of a person is not one of them. I hope she learns how, although I don't know how to teach her that. Life will be much happier for her if she does. Happiness is very dependent on a person's choice to be happy or sad about a situation.

Yesterday we were at her school watching the Living Museum. They had a huge project, each child chose a historical character and researched them, wrote and memorized a speech about them and then yesterday they dressed in character and performed it for all to enjoy. They put on their presentation 4 times. H choose Kristi Yamaguchi, who she loves. She and Grandma watched Dancing with the Stars together and they both loved Kristi and were soooo happy she won :) H did a good job. She is a confident and interesting public speaker.

Tomorrow is E's awards and the last day of school. Yeah!

5 comments:

nikko said...

Wow, H! That's awesome! 2 HOURS LONG? I would have gotten a sore bum and my kids would be climbing the walls.

Does M's school just not do assemblies? Or does he just not get any awards? I am really confused. Seems like each school does their own thing and there isn't much consistency district-wide. Or maybe he just isn't getting any awards this year and I should just shut my trap. LOL. ;o)

Thanks for watching my boys yesterday while I ran that errand. I was stressing out about where to send them and was so glad when you were so willing. :o)

Yvonne said...

Congratulations to H for all the awards.

If you discover the trick to helping them see the half-full instead of half-empty glass, let me know.

I'm with H on being thrilled Kristi won--I was thrilled too. I bet H did a great job on her presentation.

Hope tomorrow's awards assembly is not 2 hours long.

Cheri said...

I was glad Kristi won too.
What a gift to be a confident public speaker. I always got so nervous and was envious of people that it came naturally to.

I have a good life said...

How awesome that she won those awards. How sad that she was half-empty. Life is SO much better with a positive outlook! :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Does she use that to work harder? Count your blessings? Charlie's Monument? Don't worry Be Happy?? I hope she can look at those awards and say "Gosh I work Hard":)