THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Southern Book #1

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

I finally got to my southern authors! Saturday night DH and I went downtown to the library on our date and I had some on reserve there. After a nice browse through the stacks with no helpers we stashed our books in the car and met Rob and Tori at Billy Minors for their famous burgers and then walked to the water gardens. It was a fun evening.
After church on Sunday I had a chance to start reading. Garden Spells was quick and fun to read. It's the story of two sisters with "magical" powers. Sort of. They live in a small southern town where their whole family, for generations, have lived and have had the reputation of being strange. There is a little romance, a little sisterly love, a lot of southern charm and it was a two thumbs up. I enjoyed it. There were a couple of steamy parts that need to be quickly skimmed but in all it's a pleasant read with a happy ending.

2 comments:

aurora said...

Okay, so we ARE in the same stake! - and I am not much east of you... PG2. :) Now we can say more than 'hi' when our hubbies chat!
{okay, now that I enlarged your profile picture, I recognize you!!}

This sounds like a great book. Loved your Haiku. Great job!

Yvonne said...

I am in awe of how much you read.