THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 07, 2008

fireworks, travel, stuff

DH and I had a lovely anniversary. Originally we had planned a Med Cruise. Well, that didn't quite work out, although one day I hope to take a cruise somewhere :) Anyway, this spring we have been so lucky as to be able to take two fabulous trips. We went to San Diego and had such a fun time seeing Anna and Amadeo and doing San Diego things. Then in April we went to Chicago and spent a wonderful weekend with Nana and Abba. Both were so fun and relaxing and Wicked was awesome so we didn't really have any big plans for the actual anniversary day.

Fast forward a couple months and our good friend Holly is home from BYU for the summer and working and announced that she was available to baby-sit, including over nights, in her efforts to earn tuition money. Sounded like a great cause :) and the perfect opportunity for us. We trust her and know she's awesome and responsible so as a surprise to DH I called her up and booked her for the big night:) I actually ended up telling him a day before, which was a good thing because he had Marriott points and we switched hotels and got our room for free!

So last night we went downtown and had a really fun time. We checked in to the hotel, where we have been wanting to stay forever. It was so pretty. Our room was beautiful. It was exactly how I would decorate a room of my own, if money were no object. I loved the headboard and the colors and the bed was so comfy. After we checked in we headed right out to find dinner. We had both been fasting and were ready to eat. We went to Daddy Jack's Seafood (a place we had never been but had wanted to try) and the food was very good. I wasn 't feeling 100% well and had a headache and wasn't super hungry. I think because of fasting and spending the day out in the sun life guarding. I ended up not even finishing my dinner but it was delicious and the server gave us a free dessert with a candle, which was kind of fun. We walked around a little after and thought about a movie but DH was stuffed and I wasn't feeling great so we ended up going to our room early.

It worked out for the better. We watched "27 Dresses" on the buy a movie channel~ which I also have never done. And that was a romantic wedding themed movie which I liked (the language could have been cleaned up a bit but it was cute) Our room was on the 12th floor and we had the best view. We were facing north and saw the courthouse just outside our window. It was all lit up and looked majestic. I would have taken a picture but at night my camera is kind of poopy and I knew it wouldn't turn out; but it was a great view. Half way through the movie we noticed fireworks outside, La Grave field had an end of the game fireworks show that was really good and we had the best vantage point to see them! Very fun.

In the morning we went to La Madeline and then came home in time for brother's tee ball game. After tee ball H,E and DH went to karate and Lu, S and I went to Meagan's bridal shower. It was nice.
When we got home DH took the kids geocacheing and S and I went to get hair cuts.

J left for CO this morning. I hope they will have so much fun, be safe and come back in one piece, and have so much fun. I can't wait to hear about the trip.

In other news I read Watermelon King. Two thumbs down.

Our family is growing. I am getting more brothers in law and a niece or nephew. Andrea is getting married to a guy named Yoho (Diogo). He's Brazilian. I haven't met him yet but hope to soon. They are getting married some time this summer, I am hoping to have enough notice to get a ticket to go to the wedding. I guess we'll see. I hope she'll be happy. Also Emily is pregnant and may be getting married too. All this is kind of crazy news, especially for mom and dad who are waiting for a mission call as we speak and are upset, of course. I hope things will work out well. I love my sisters and wish the best for them.

Lastly I love summer. I love sleeping in and having the kids home. Yea for summer! Uncle Brian just sent us a movie GC so we are planning lots of trips to the dollar show to see fun stuff! The kids are thrilled. Walking into a cool movie theater on a hot summer day/or night here in TX where it doesn't really cool down much is such a treat.

Now I am reading Mermaids in the Basement, which so far I like. ...and Millie still stinks.

6 comments:

maggie moran said...

Oh, no! I southern dud! Hope your next is better! :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I'm glad you had such a nice get away! I'm going to call you tomorow! xo, Sarah

Karla said...

Hooray for having a great anniversary! Every couple needs a night like that AT LEAST once a year.

Have you read The Host yet.

Cheri said...

I'm glad you had a good time on your night out. Hopefully next time you feel better!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Oh how fun --we just saw 27 dresses too I felt the same way-- but why that kind of Language? Congrats to Andrea That is cool--- I hope things work out for Emily maybe you could feed Millie some peppermint or something

Yvonne said...

What a fun night. I'm so glad you have a babysitter nearby who you trust and can stay with the kids all night. That is always such a great treat.