THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

home front

The problem with going on vacation is you eventually have to come home. And real life is never like vacation. We had a wonderful time, relaxing and playing and being with our family.

Now we are home with sand in every corner and broken things to fix and mail to sort through.

DH is tired. He actually went to bed last night at 10:20 (late enough that we could have watched Iron Chef like I wanted to but that's besides the point). He never goes to bed that early. Having all that fun wears a person out :)

Yesterday we had family cleaning hour. The girls were pretty cheerful about it. The most cheerful was Em, the one girl that doesn't technically belong to me. We unpacked all the suitcases and the girls washed the dog and cars. DH fixed my car (it needed a new battery) and unloaded the box. We scrubbed and then nuked the pool (how does algae grow so fast) and had FHE.

Today we had car stuff to do. Someone (S) got a ticket on the way home from church for having no proof of insurance in her car, after she was pulled over for having expired tags. The nice officer didn't ticket her for that though, which was really kind. So this morning we took her car and the sub to be inspected. Went to our friendly neighborhood State Farm office to pick up proof of insurance, went to the sub court house to register S's car, then we split and S went to the local court house to get her insurance ticket waived and I went to Lowe's to buy new smoke detectors because in a freak occurrence yesterday all ours went off at the same time and made a horrible racket which none of the kids responded to at all, even though it took me a full 20+ minutes to get a ladder out of the garage and haul it around the house pulling down alarms.

Now we meed to start on our summer chores list (you know the closets that need organizing and fans that need dusting)

But first I have to hunt down some MIA library books and try and find the Work and the Glory 3. We have the full set. J is reading them and somehow 3 is missing. People borrow books from us a lot and I don't remember who has it :( Which I know I shouldn't talk because almost 2 years ago I borrowed movies from Joy and I returned (eventually) all but one that some how got lost and I still haven't replaced it :((( Sorry. I really will bring you a new copy...soon.

10 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Tee hee Are you talking about Miracle? do we need one?:) i wouls have cared for the pool ,gladly :) sorry about the smoke alarms

nikko said...

How funny that your DH was in bed at 10:20. That's about the latest that my DH likes to stay up. ;o)

Sorry life is catching up to you. When it rains it pours! The boys are looking forward to swimming in your pool tomorrow. Thanks!

nikko said...

Oh, and if your alarms are like ours, they're all hard wired together -- so if one goes off they all start going off.

Chellie said...

phew! that is a lot of stuff. :)

utmommy said...

Busy times:)

Yvonne said...

It's always so hard to readjust to "normal life" after being on vacation!!! As much as I'd like a pool, I'm REALLY glad we don't have one right now ; )

Anonymous said...

Doing summer chores is fun, too. Right? Right? (Sorry, I'm trying to convince myself)


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/


Looking for photo ideas? Please visit 12 Photo Ideas To Try This Summer

Tori Black said...

Closets are fun!

Just redid mine.

Call if you want help.

c. griffith said...

Gheez... you already need another vacation. Looks like you guys had a blast.

Anne/kq said...

I'm curious-- how exactly do you nuke a pool?

Also, my dad keeps a book-- just an accounting-type journal where he lists titles, dates, names-- of who has his books. It'd be easy to do the same thing on the computer in an Excel document. He also puts book plates with his name in all his books. It's been very helpful.