THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, July 21, 2008

We made it

We made the drive. It was fine. Driving this summer has been better than any previous driving we have done, I guess because we don't have a baby this year.

It's not fun but it's better.

We watch movies and eat for 100's of miles on end.

Last night we stopped in Nashville. We stayed at a motel 8, which was fine. In the past we've stayed at nicer places but in the spirit of saving money we tried this. We will probably stay at one again, I will admit that we are spoiled and missed our Marriott's and Holiday Inns. We got two rooms so Lu, S and J and I were in one together. We were laying in the dark in our two double beds, side by side, singing ourselves to sleep. J and I sang such classics as "In the ghetto, the urban ghetto, the ______ sleep tonight. Ah Whooo Babum Ba Way" and "How firm a mattress"

This morning, after enjoying our complimentary bowls of froot loops, we headed off again and made it by 4 in the afternoon.

We're happy to have arrived and look forward to a nice week.

8 comments:

utmommy said...

Glad you made it safely.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I am also glad you made it safely. we swam tonight, all was well:) thanks

Mel said...

Love the new bloggy look! Glad your travels went well. Have fun!

Yvonne said...

Love the songs ; )

Glad you made it safe and sound. Have a great time.

I have a good life said...

So glad you made it okay! You do make lots of memories on those car drives and you do watch movies and eat. What else is there to do?

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I would really like the words to those songs! I wish I could have been there in that sing-along/sleep over!

Karla said...

Love the new look! keep having a good time!

The Tall and Short of it said...

I love reading your blog! I can't help but laugh and smile! You guys are great!! We love all of you!!!!