THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My cousin Sarah often does flash back posts to her childhood in Alaska. I love them. I love her big glasses and her big hair and her fun stories. Some day I'd like to visit Alaska, I would never want to live there, however, too cold.

Anyway I was inspired. Sadly I have no pictures of myself when I was growing up. Not quite literally none but pretty darn close. All the pictures I do have I got from my friend Adam so they are all of times when I was with his family. Which is great. Anna has mom's old photos and I believe she is making a project of scanning them in. Maybe she'll send me some interesting ones some time.

So, here's one of us kids in the Ferrari's front yard, with Bro Ferrari in the middle. I don't know why we were there. (great story so far, huh?) Alec and I are the ones in the matching sailor outfits. That was a favorite theme of mom's since we see it repeated many times through the years. I still keep in touch with several of the people in the pictures. Lana and Adam are in there, as are Kathryn and Stan and Tracey Brown. We all lived a few blocks from each other and would play outside together in the streets and in the desert near our homes. We also walked to school together each day. Our house was the farthest away from the school so we'd start out alone and as we walked by each house or corner we'd add more friends along the way. The corner of Jenner and Lorimer was half way between my house and Lana's. We often met there to talk. I remember sitting on the curb and laughing. I also remember running down there to meet and talk if anything important happened. I remember the last time we ever did. Lana was back home from Ricks and she called me to meet on the corner. It was snowing (which was unusual) and we had a good walk and talk. I guess we outgrew the corner after that.

I also remember that Sis. Ferrari's kitchen window faced out and she could look down her driveway and all the way to my house. She always knew what we were up to, always. I didn't love that as a teen and wondered what she was doing at her kitchen sink in the middle of the night :)

4 comments:

Dani said...

Brother Ferrari hasnt had hair for a long time!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OK, so is one of your friends named Lana, also? I am so glad I've inspired you, I hope Anna has more photos of you, you all were very beautiful kids, and Amatchi has quite a few, I'll look here, I think Suzanne has some, too. . .s

marcia@joyismygoal said...

she busted you:) What fun to TRY to remember all these FUN memories

Yvonne said...

I think it is so great that you still keep in touch with some of these people.

I'm impressed you remember so much, but then you're not as old as I am ; )