THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pack meeting, Baby Splash, the many uses of a pool

Tonight the cub scouts had their pack meeting at our house. It's becoming an annual event. They have certification or whatever it's called to earn badges or pins or something and so they come to use the pool, BBQ, pass out awards and then the families swim. Very fun. Except today it was raining. They began arriving at the same time as the lightning and we quickly moved 60(ish) people and tables and flags and chairs, into our living room.

It was cozy but I think it went okay. The weather did clear up long enough for the boys to hop in and pass off their requirements. Sadly for the brothers and sisters it got bad again. Everyone was out of here around 8pm with a lot of crying along the way :( I felt really badly, because you know I am in charge of the weather.

Then the weather turned lovely and now DH is out in the pool with the littles and Alexis who is sleeping over.

The YW, BTW, were supposed to swim at the Shuldbergs and I believe there is a bunch of them over there chatting away in the house as well.

Last night, however the weather was perfect and we had a mom's only "Baby Splash" for Oriah that was so fun. It was really one of the most fun showers I have ever been to. We had yummy food and played some fun games and she got the cutest little girl clothes and there was massage therapist there with her chair so we each got to take a turn, that was lovely! We swam in the dark with tiki lights about and glowing floating orbs and no kids splashing, fun fun fun :)

6 comments:

lera said...

That darn rain! I probably would have felt bad, too. :-(

Mel said...

Swimming with the cub scouts sounds fun... even in the rain!

Anne said...

HAHA, gotta love the weather! I bet the scouts were all excited about the idea of swimming- we only threw water bollons at ours, don't tell them they missed out ;)

nikko said...

I think it went okay, too. Sorry we had to cram so many people into your living room!

I agree, the shower/swim party was great!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

The mom party sounds wonderful!!

Julia Roberts said...

It was so great to actually be able to sit and visit a little. We need to try to do that more often. :)