THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Aug 1999

There hasn't been a lot to blog about lately. We sleep in late, get up and eat breakfast, clean, swim, run errands.

This weekend DH and I went to the temple and got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home but had a nice chat and a fun date despite the fact that he picked Spring Creek for dinner...a place I loathe.

I feel lucky because things are going smoothly for us right now. The kids are well and enjoying summer. DH is employed. We can afford food and gas, even if it hurts a little. (hope these aren't famous last words)

I know many people with many struggles of various natures. Even in my own family, if not in my own house at this moment. I know this is part of Heavenly Father's plan. We each chose to come to mortality knowing that everything wouldn't go as we hope all the time. Yet we are blessed to be here and will be greatly blessed if we remain faithful in times of trial and in times of ease.

Our Sunday School lesson today was about the plan of happiness. We read about Alma as he counseled with his son Corianton about repenting, the importance of justice and mercy and the reason's why there are consequences for our choices. The kids participated really well and had a lot of questions. As it often does the conversation turned to the great blessing of the atonement and the absolute need we each have for the Savior. Even though they are young these kids get it. They know that happiness comes from obedience and that they are lucky beyond measure. They worry about the future but I think they are hopeful. It is really a blessing to me to meet with them and teach and talk with them.

We are really blessed in our ward with so many awesome families that love each other and look out for each other. My heart has been full lately as I have watched families I love struggle and have tried to help in some small ways~ whether that's by bringing in a meal, lending a listening ear, tending some one's kids, or providing a fun place to swim as an escape for a short time...I wish I could do more. I am very glad to know that my hands join those of many, many others as we work together to lighten each others burdens. And I am grateful for the times that mine have been lifted or lightened by the loving care of others.

Anyway, thoughts for a Sunday afternoon I guess.

And a flash back to summer 99. Anna and Maureen and my family had come to visit for our sealing and H's birth. The girls loved to dance together often but especially with Anna and Maureen teaching them some cool moves. What fun and how little they were!

6 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

cute photos, nice thoughts. . .

I have a good life said...

You are such an awesome friend. You lift up all those around you. I loved A's quote from church about not being able to lift the burdens from others, but being able to lift the sister so she can carry her burdens. That's what you do for me and I am so grateful! :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

don't be silly I was berating myself for being so out of sorts this week

maggie moran said...

You won some pecans from participating in the Southern Reading Challenge!!! For some reason, I thought you won some already? Maybe last year??? Congrats!

PS I love the music!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Darn you! I really wanted to win those pecans! I'm coming over to eat yours. . .oh wait, you live thousands of miles away. Phooey!

CONGRATS CUZ!

Yvonne said...

You are such a sweet, tenderhearted person--always thinking of others.