THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 17, 2008

happy birthday Sister!

Anna is my baby sister. She was born when I was 12. I remember being excited to have another sister. I don't know that I wanted another baby, I remember really wanting MSV to be a girl and to have a baby in the family. I don't remember feeling that way about Anna but when she was born I loved her right away. She was little and had a round little face and white skin. She was a plump happy baby and such a cute little girl and she was smart, right away. She's still so smart, I love that about her.
By the time she was in middle school we started to be friends. (before that she was little and I was the older, wiser, know it all sister and somewhat benevolent dictator of the youngers) I loved helping her with homework, she had the most interesting assignments and was so cleaver at doing them that it was like playing a game to help her. One of my favorites was when she was assigned to read "Like Water For Chocolate" and I read it too, then she had to write about her own family and assign them each a food that represented them. We laughed over that one ;)
Anna went to BYU-H where she graduated as valedictorian (it's my blog, I'll remember it as I please~ actually due to a clerical error she didn't get it but she should have). I was so excited for her to go there and loved to hear about how school life was.

She met her true love there and is now happily married to Amadeo. A wonderful man who is perfect for her (his birthday is in May but I didn't write anything so I'll spend a moment now saying how wonderful and funny and bright and wise he is)
I love you sister and hope you have a wonderful year..and that you make me an aunt again this year, and if you don't that okay too but you really should come visit :) It's your turn.

The top pictures is me and Anna at the San Diego Wild Animal park this past January. We had such a fun time there. I always have so much fun with Anna.
Next is taken in Utah at Bridal Veil park in 06. She's walking with Dani and Greg, they weren't engaged yet. She still had her colon in this picture. Did I mention how brave she is and how well she handles adversity? You are my hero, little 'honey'.
Ana and Ama in front of the Mt Timpanogos Temple.
MSV, me (pregnant with Lucy~ but I looked better than I do now, pretty sad, time to actually diet I guess), my brother Michael and Anna the night before her wedding.
Lastly Anna and H on her wedding day. She was such a beautiful bride. It matches how beautiful she is on the inside.
Anna is so talented and smart and fun and wonderful. She really swam in the deep end of the gene pool! The only problem with her is she lives so far away I wish we lived on the same street...come on the beach and balmy weather isn't that great is it? Move East. Move East!

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Goodness you do have a beautiful family.

Happy Birthday to your sister, anna.

Chellie said...

She is so beautiful. In fact, all of you are!

Happy birthday to her!

Emma said...

sweet post, sweet sister!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OOops, Emma was logged into the blog, that was from me!

Anna said...

Thank you sister! i loved reading all those memories...i loved the "like water for chocolate" project, going to the dollar movies... You're the best! thank you for such nice words :)

allison nadauld said...

Happy Birthday Anna! Amen to all those wonderful things! I think you should all move north move north!!! (and north west in some cases!!!)