THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

zoo

Today it rained on and off most of the day again. H seems to be doing fine at camp, although coming home a little soggy. This afternoon they were able to go out in the canoes, which she thought was fun and of course the horses are great come rain or shine.
I decided to take E and Lu to the zoo. We are back to school next week and I wanted them to do something fun too. It was raining most of the night but I hoped that would discourage many people from going and give us free run of the place. It worked. There were very few people there and although we were caught in a shower or two no one melted and we had a lot of fun.
The kids were able to spend a lot of time looking at things that interested them. Birds seemed to be the theme of the day. First we fed the ducks/fish by the giraffe habitat. I gave them each a quarter and they fed them one piece of fish food at a time. Then they looked around on the floor for more food and fed them that. Then they waited for other people to buy food and when they left the dispenser E and G would run over and pick up the pieces that fell and feed that to the fish and ducks. It took a long time but they really enjoyed it.
We went in the parakeet house with our little sticks of food and the kids were literally swarmed by birds. It was the craziest thing. There must have been 12-15 birds flying around them and trying to get the food. (For some reason my computer won't let me rotate my photos and this was the only one that was facing the right direction, if I get them turned I will put another on). The kids laughed and got a little freaked out but mostly liked it.


Third we saw this darling little baby flamingo. How sweet is that.
We got to see lots of animals and the weather was nice and we had a fun time.
S and J didn't want to come. They stayed home and J went to a venturing meeting and S went to work. They missed out though, I even would have bought them ice cream if they came along ;)

3 comments:

nikko said...

How fun that you went to the zoo. We went to the dentist. Yay us. LOL.

Anna said...

that baby flamingo cotton ball is sooo cute!

Yvonne said...

That little baby flamingo is adorable.

Sounds like a great time. It's still so hard to believe summer is almost over.