THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

dance = $$$

It's a good thing I am going to sub this year, I just went and signed up three of the girls for dance, two of whom have been begging for it. And it's going to be very spendy.

...and we haven't even talked about costumes yet but I have several months to think that one through.

Lu is very excited. She wants to dance ballet and she will look sooo cute in her little pink leotard and fluffly skirt. I know because she is my 5th 3 year old dancer and they always look so cute you can hardly stand to look at them without laughing at the joy of it. She'll also take tap because tap/ballet always go together when you are three.

H is going to take ballet as well. She is into karate now but always liked dance before and when she found out J and G were going she wanted to as well and at that point what was one more class? This will be the first year she's old enough for just ballet, which I think she'll like. She's very graceful.

J has been begging for dance ever since the disastrous audition for drill team in the late spring. She loves to dance and she is really the reason why the whole venture back to the dance studio is happening for us this year. She is taking hip hop, lyrical and jazz. I hope she loves it.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

It's so crazy how expensive those kind of activities are--but the kids so enjoy it. Hope it's a good experience for all of them.

Can't wait to see the pictures of Lu--I loved when Heidi was little and took ballet.

By the way, I have an award for you on my blog.

Anna said...

baby ballerinas are the cutest things ever!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

You girls are dancers. . .I remember all the dance performances I'd go see your sister V in. . .it's in the genes! I hope you post lots of costume photos and videos!

Anne said...

How cute!!! Seeing little ballerinas makes you just love little girls!

Anne/kq said...

At our dance school they give you discounts for signing up more than one kid and you can pay a $50 yearly registration fee per family instead of $35 per kid. I guess we're lucky!

We're trying to decide whether to sign Emma up for Intro to Ballet/Tap and Bridey up for Movement, then wait and see how Emma does with dance class and practicing before we sign her up for Irish dance (which is further away), or just to take the plunge and sign her up for Irish dance now (she has been begging to do Irish dance since before she was 2, she's finally old enough and with her preschool ending we'll have it in our budget...)